Author Topic: Eduards Fokker Dr.1 1/48  (Read 2399 times)

Offline rhallinger

Re: Eduards Fokker Dr.1 1/48
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2021, 01:15:00 AM »
Lovely MVR Dreidecker Alexis!  I've always liked this one--all red with the Maltese crosses--best of all. 

Best regards,

Bob

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 01:24:47 AM »
Super model Alexis - and built so quickly too. The colours are super as is the weathering so I for one do not know why you are so bothered.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 04:31:31 AM »
Well done Alexis! A great (and speedy) build! Richard Alexander has always said to ignore the turnbuckles and this is in 1/32 scale! But this build is neat and colourful.. (never let anyone tell you the colour is wrong!) Regards, Marc.

Bughunter

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 06:18:37 AM »
Another result of the red weeks, and a nice one!
This was really a speed build too.

Need to check your build report more carefully when I build mine (since I was told that the length of the undercarriage struts needs to be fixed on this kit).

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 11:49:00 AM »
Thank you all for the kind comments  :)

Stephen , I'm not bothered by the colour or the weathering . I'm bothered because I can't take photo's worth crap !

Marc , is a woman ever wrong ?

Frank , yes the landing gear legs are the wrong length . The front legs need to be trim down by 2-3 mm if my memory serves me . I didn't trim the legs down on this one and to be honest with you if they where trimmed down one really won't notice it at all . I have one more of these Eduard kits but I have a replace axle wing and struts from an old Dragon Dr.1 build .

Alexis 
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline DaveB

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 03:24:42 AM »
Wonderful, Alexis -

Superb DR1 and I love how you achieved the light catching the rib tapes which is very effective.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 04:04:59 AM »
Thanks Dave  :)

Part of that effect is form the weathering  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 04:13:53 AM »
Alexis, women are never, ever wrong! Note that I do get the last word in with any minor disagreement with my wife (there are only minor ones!). The last words are "Yes, Dear!" ATB, Marc.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
Well you know ...we do have to give you guys a win once in a blue moon  ;)

Again , thanks for the kind comments Marc  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 11:34:40 PM »
Women have many faults but men have only two. Everything they say and everything they do - I'm reminded of this fairly frequently....Nice tripe!!

Steve

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2021, 11:45:33 PM »
What's not to like about a Fokker Tripe and a red on at that! An iconic plane in an iconic color.  8)

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2021, 11:59:28 PM »

Need to check your build report more carefully when I build mine (since I was told that the length of the undercarriage struts needs to be fixed on this kit).

Cheers,
Frank

Frank: All the landing struts should be reduced about 2mm. I remove it from the ends that are inserted into the sub-wing axle. Also, the underside stitching that's across the lower wing joint should be left off and the inspection window in the upper wing is in the wrong location. I should be moved more towards the leading edge of the wing. I think the other items Eduard got wrong are in some of their color painting references, the most obvious that comes to mind is recommending olive drab for the sides of the fuselage interior.  ???

Chuck

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 02:51:03 PM »
Always an attractive, iconic plane and you pictured her very well.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 11:15:49 PM »
Thanks guys  :)

Chuck , I couldn't recall if the rear struts needed trimming , thanks for the reminder of it . Made notes and place in box on the other sitting in the stash .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch