Author Topic: French pilot  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Alamotom

French pilot
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »
Found this on Planet Figure web site

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
Re: French pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:36:13 AM »
Yes, and not just any French pilot, but the revered Georges Guynemer, in 1/32. From  Mantafigurines, and I hope they'll be doing a lot more. He's already bought and in the post to me, and in due course he'll find himself posed next to (a very rough imitation of) his SPAD VII   ;)

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
This figure is wonderful, but $31 shipping to the US is a bit steep for so small a package, making the total cost $49.00.  I ordered a WWI Russian pilot figure from REST Models in Russia two months ago and the total cost with shipping was only $29.00.  Does this have something to do with VAT and/or duties?   

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 09:40:56 AM »
Beautiful figure but $49 all up is too much for me.

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »
  Now that's one excellently painted figure. I'll have to agree with Steve $49.00 is alittle steep for me. Especially when I know I'd manage to screw it up somehow.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 05:04:54 AM »
FWIW I seem to be paying 30 euros post included. Yes, I guess it is still pricey, for something quite small. But the pic does sell the product well. And let's face it, we pursue a hobby in which much of the time value is very much a subjective thing. I'm a fan of the man, so it's worth it to me. I'll cough up some more cash if they ever decide to do my other French hero, Roland Garros...  :)

Mark

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:33:36 AM »
I hear you, Mark.  Your analysis of cost/benefit is spot on.  It's such a well-done figure of a great pilot, and I've got both Nieuport and SPAD kits with his markings in the stash, so . . . my discontent over the total cost lasted about an hour, and I now have this beautiful figure ordered and on it's way to me!  ;D

One consolation was that I had a credit of $25 with PayPal for some reason I can't remember, so my bank account was tapped for only an additional $25, makling the cost of Georges feel much less than it really was!  ;)

Regards,

Bob

Offline quentin

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 09:41:04 PM »
This figure is still for sale, but for only 14 € in french web site...

Offline Zabu

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 12:25:34 AM »
Ahhh Guynemer! It's incredible to think how french almost discard him in the begining when he was trying to go to air service!

He is too big for me... so i have it in 1/72 scale or i mean... a little part of him  :P;D

Cheers

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
I did a review of this figure on another site several months ago(after purchase). I can assure you that the shipping fee is negotiable! If you get far enough in the order process there is a drop down box with a Greatly reduced shipping charge. My cost was @ $19.00 US  for the figure, Plus about $6.00 US for the shipping. The great news is that the Sculptor has plans for further releases such as Jean Navarre and other heroes of France. He also has a great deal of respect for the US soldiers who fought for Frances Liberty in both wars so expect him to do some other interesting figures in the future.
RAGIII
PS, the sculptor/owner also has been sculpting figures for Historex/Nemrod for a number of years.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:40:11 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
Thats something that tempts me now...Where are they located? Im in Paris in November.

Steve

Offline quentin

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 02:21:24 AM »
Thats something that tempts me now...Where are they located? Im in Paris in November.

Steve

They are in south-west France, in a small village call Montgesty. ZIP code 46150; phone number (in France) : 05 81 42 23 02
a very, very nice country, with excellent food and cook! ("cassoulet", foie gras, red wine, etc...)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 04:37:51 AM »

Steve

They are in south-west France, in a small village call Montgesty. ZIP code 46150; phone number (in France) : 05 81 42 23 02
a very, very nice country, with excellent food and cook! ("cassoulet", foie gras, red wine, etc...)

Here is another you may want:
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline elanlane

• elan13 miniatures
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »
Thank you for the head's up on this one, I had not heard of Manta Figurines before. Just ordered one of these.
elan13 miniatures
http://elan13.co.uk

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »
It looks a beauty. Thanks for posting the pics.

Best wishes
Nigel