Author Topic: Special Thanks and Best Wishes  (Read 1269 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Special Thanks and Best Wishes
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:36 AM »
All,
   Just want to take a moment to thank you all for adding so much enjoyment to my Hobby and for all I have learned through interaction and correspondence with  you  here at wwIaircraftmodels. From the tremendous hints, help, and positive feedback to the encouragement of the truly talented Hobbyists here it's all been a great and positive experience from the first post, and I look forward to much more of the same.
   Being a one finger typist I also wish each and every one of you and yours a very Merry Christmas and sincere hopes for a wonderful New Year (rather then try to add individual wishes to every post).
   Last, a special Thanks to Des, Greg, and the other Moderator/Contributers who add so much to the experience and, most important, provide such a positive and friendly Forum.
Cheers All! :)
Lance 

Offline rhallinger

Re: Special Thanks and Best Wishes
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »
Here here!  . . . and dittos.  Blessings to all of the members here and their families.

Regards,

Bob

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:37:21 AM »
I'll echo what Lance has written. It's a great bunch of guys we have here.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
Well said, Lance.  I can only agree, mate- I've learned a lot from you blokes and appreciate all the help and advice I've been given.

All the best.

Dal.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
Yeah what he said. Lance, you amongst others have made this the go to spot for my modeling fix. All of you have allowed me to focus, get motivated and aspire to the work you do. I realize now this is the subject area that I have a real passion for. For that I say thankyou. A special thanks of course to Des for starting this forum. Well done everyone!!!!

Steve

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »
  Lance,
Well said my old friend. I believe it's important to note that no forum whether WW I or other is really worth much without it's members. This forum of ours truly is an outstanding forum with nothing but Outstanding members each and everyone. That I believe that's what makes our forum the greatest. No trolls,no cheap shots,  just friendly,helpfull OUTSTANDING modelers.

A special thanks righty should go to Des for envisioning this forum and to his many contributions to the excellence of the forum. For that he's earned my highest personal respect.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 02:10:55 AM »
        "No trolls, no cheap shots, just friendly, helpful, outstanding modelers" You've said it very well, Greg, this alone makes the Forum great. I watched the "other" Site implode due to the things we don't have here; it was the reason I kept my participation passive during my short time there. There's a very fine line between constructive comment and criticism; I value the fact that all here respect that premise, and provide such an enjoyable place to be.
         Good Lord, we even can handle the PC 10 thing with respect and sensitivity......we must have it right!
All the Best, Folks,
Cheers,
Lance ;)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
That being said I still dont like those 10 Progressive Conservatives.....oh never mind ;)

Steve

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:16 PM »
I can only echo these thoughts, my friends. I've never met any of you face to face, but I feel that I know you all well. Best Wishes to all for a safe, happy and prosperous New Year!  :D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."