Author Topic: Roden's 1/32 Spad XIII is due for release in April  (Read 9553 times)

Offline Borsos

Re: Roden's 1/32 Spad XIII is due for release in April
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2021, 04:36:43 AM »
Any sprue shots yet?

Not yet. I saw on FB that Dave is working on trying to get some for the Forum!
RAGIII

Fingers crossed!  :)
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2021, 03:03:35 AM »
I have just received the FFSMC decals for the 48th escadrille SPADs.  There appears to be complete markings for 2 aircraft - #7 piloted by Jacques Rogues and #2 piloted by Armand de Turenne.
These decals are different from typical decals in a couple of aspects.  They are not screen printed, but printed by some other method.  The registration appears to be good.  The edges of the color graphics do not appear to be hard lines, but are sharp enough to my naked eye to be acceptable. 
The other difference is the film around the graphics is die cut so the decal sheet is a complete coverage decal film with die cut graphics and about 1.5mm of clear film around the colors.
There is a wood grain panel included, but I am not sure where it goes.  The instructions indicate it goes around the cockpit area, but I am not sure I've seen that on a SPAD before.  Maybe Rick can comment.
I measured the cockade proportions and the white is just more than 3X the blue center and the red is slightly more than 5X the blue center.

Overall, I am satisfied with the appearance and look forward to using them on a Roden SPAD - when I get one.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2021, 03:23:44 AM »

There is a wood grain panel included, but I am not sure where it goes.  The instructions indicate it goes around the cockpit area, but I am not sure I've seen that on a SPAD before.  Maybe Rick can comment.

Here you go: On both sides  8)

RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
Hi all
Has anyone got close to building or reviewing this kit yet? Still too early?
Cheers  :D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »
In response to Pup... we are awaiting review samples of the new Spad from Roden. Several members have bought the kit and posted their views on it.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »
Thanks Dave!
Specifically I was interested in the strut and general fit of parts. Will watch this space :)
‘Not all who wander are lost‘