Author Topic: Wingnut Wings kits for sale at Wings Over Wairarapa airshow this weekend  (Read 7113 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Wingnut Wings kits for sale at Wings Over Wairarapa airshow this weekend
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 10:31:56 AM »
We would greatly appreciate it if any Kiwi members attending the air show can give us a report on the Wingnuts stand - what stock they are offering and prices, as this will be an indicator if they reopen the website store later.

As for questioning those manning the Wingnuts stand, don't expect any insight folks. Whoever it is will be a Wingnut group staff member tasked with the job for the show. All of the actual Wingnuts staff are long gone from the business now.

As for whats on sale I'm guessing the stock shown as available on the website would be a good indicator- so don't expect Gotha G.IV's or other sold out rarities to magically appear.

On a personal note I'd be interested to know the price if they have a Lanoe Hawker DH2 edition. Fingers crossed for online sales soon!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline macsporran

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »
I should imagine they'd take the opportunity of a face-to-face event to unload any stock that would be more awkward to sell via their website:
ie any damaged boxes, loose sprues, decals, test-shots, etc.
(Or maybe there's just a big bin at the back of the warehouse for this stuff😮)
Sandy

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 04:30:11 PM »
Early reports from NZ state the Wingnut kits on sale at the air show are all drawn from the NZ warehouse stock as shown on the Wingnuts website. None of the sold out kits are on sale.

Prices are standard retail price which bodes well for when/ if the website store reopens.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline eclarson

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2021, 06:05:26 AM »
Gary Llaxob posted these on Facebook.  I don't think he'd mind me sharing them here. 
Can you spot the Hansa W.12?   :)

Eric

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2021, 07:45:57 AM »
We've all been waiting a long time for the hypothetical day when the "warehouse in New Zealand" reopens.

I think this is effectively it.  I.E., I wouldn't expect the online web store to open up again.  It's done. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Offline frankr

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2021, 07:53:23 AM »
We've all been waiting a long time for the hypothetical day when the "warehouse in New Zealand" reopens.

I think this is effectively it.  I.E., I wouldn't expect the online web store to open up again.  It's done. 

I hope I'm wrong.

Well the Vintage Aviator post that first mentioned WnW kits being sold there also said they "hadn't forgotten" about overseas customers and to "watch this space".   So I'm assuming that means they held back inventory for online sales (along with whatever doesn't move during the airshow). 

Offline macsporran

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2021, 08:56:47 AM »
Grateful thanks to Gary Boxall for posting these pictures, but this is just a sad little coda isn't it. It's the same few kits we picked over at MBK. Story is over folks, time to move on. So long and thanks for all the fish. Let's all now support Roden with their exciting forthcoming offerings and CSM with their superb Nieuport releases.
Sandy

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2021, 10:54:25 AM »
Grateful thanks to Gary Boxall for posting these pictures, but this is just a sad little coda isn't it. It's the same few kits we picked over at MBK. Story is over folks, time to move on. So long and thanks for all the fish. Let's all now support Roden with their exciting forthcoming offerings and CSM with their superb Nieuport releases.
Sandy

Well, there weren’t much soubt about that, I’m glad there seems to be on elast opportunity to buy their stuff at reasonable prices. I spot a few brown boxes I failed to pick up from the European distributors. :)

I also see Hawker peeping in the back - someone mentioned him.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2021, 11:36:49 AM »
Yep...sigh
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 12:13:29 PM »
Sandy

I agree, time to support Roden and Copper State! JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2021, 12:57:38 PM »
As we're posting images from the FB page I hope James Fahey doesn't mind as just seeing pictures from the stall and trying deduce what they have on sale isn't necessarily the best way, so I will post the price list here. Thank you James for sharing this:

Keep in mind this is NZ currency and they may sale out of items (unless they are limiting what they take), other than the Gotha G.1 and UWD obviously so who knows what will be adjusted once the rest of us can get a last shot in, but nevertheless should give a better idea. I don't think we should hold onto negative emotions, WNW bought more attention to WW1 modeling and to open up to more people about the wider variety of WW1 flying machines than most people realise existed. I know other manufacturers were making kits and now need our attention, so lets be happy with how lucky we are and support the ones still in existence and those dipping their toes back in.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2021, 05:30:13 PM »
It seems just as strange now PJ pulling the plug mid stream with the release of Dr1s imminent. But there it is.
Looking forward to the offerings of other companies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:38:12 PM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2021, 08:13:06 PM »
An update... the NZ airshow has been cancelled tomorrow due to unexpected new Covid lockdown rules.

Consequently the Wingnuts on site kit sale is now cancelled. Our friends at the show say there's no idea of when/ if website sales will resume. The feeling seems to be there's no plan in place yet for selling the NZ warehouse stock.

Stay tuned folks but this certainly signals the end of Wingnut Wings. It's gone, and all we can hope for now is a clearance sale on NZ warehouse stocks.

As others have said it's time now to throw our support behind those companies still producing WW1 kits.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2021, 12:03:51 PM »
There were two or three people very busy staffing the tent, unfortunately time was against us so I decided against waiting around to ask questions when there were actual customers around. Perhaps tellingly the only built/display model was a Camel that was broken and tacked onto a base instead of a display case.
Untitled by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »
Thank you, those who attended the show, for the fresh info.

Still I have to say that looking at the photos made me sad again. It is like scratching open the freshly healed wounds... Sic transit gloria mundi...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.