Author Topic: 1/32 Roden Kits  (Read 1008 times)

Offline Plodder

1/32 Roden Kits
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:13:35 AM »
What are peoples thoughts on these kits? Ive done some Roden kits , a 1/72 Albatross fighter and floatplane which were a dreadful fit and ended up in the bin.The other the Rolls Royce 1/35 armoured car which was good.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: 1/32 Roden Kits
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 08:02:35 AM »
   I've built several over the years and have enjoyed them. They are not in the Wingnut class but they are good solid kits. I'm presently working on (another) of their DR.1's and, like the others I've done it builds up nicely with a little extra effort and a few A/M additions. Their Albatross D.III is in the same category and their Seimens Schuckert D.III is a great model. The prices are extremely reasonable as well. (But "bin" the decals on all!!) They were the "go to" 1:32 WW.I aircraft models before Wingnut Wings debut, and now they will again gain popularity give price and availability.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 11:31:30 PM »
Like Lance I have built quite a few of Rodens offerings from 72 - 32 scale and have no complaints on them . Sure they aren't WNW but they do build up really well with not much more work then a WNW kit really . Some of their 72 scale I did have fit problems but nothing a sanding stick and filler couldn't take care of . They do have good detail for out of the box , the plastic is soft so it's easy to work with when sanding . Decals are a hit miss so it would be best to toss them and replace them with better ones if you can .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:43:11 AM »
Lance and Alexis have pretty much covered your question but I will give My opinion also.  Don't go in thinking you are going to have a click together WNW experience! The Roden kits are  nicely detailed but Require test fitting, sanding, and more test fitting. Nothing that can't be handled by Most Modelers but forewarned is forearmed! Like Lance said they were the original go to Models in 1/32nd scale and now are again..unless you have a Deep Pocket full of cash to purchase WNW kits, a luxury I don't have  ::) JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Plodder

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 07:19:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies,a few kits to finish,and then Ill look at dome kits,though it seems not as much choice of planes as WNW.