Author Topic: Tamiya Decal Adhesive  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Tamiya Decal Adhesive
« on: January 29, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »
There seemed to be interest in this so this is what the product looks like .

Very easy to use , place on the surface where you want the decal to go . Place decal on top and smooth any water . It will soften the decal as well pulling down onto the surface .

Work great for old decals that won't adhere to the surface . It won't damage your paint job and cleans up with water .

Been using this now for a few years and I'm glad I have it for stubborn.

I highly recommend this for the bench .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline WD

Re: Tamiya Decal Adhesive
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:38:34 AM »
Thanks Alexis!  I've not seen or heard of this sorcery. I wonder if it will work on those old Roden decals that were impervious to what many considered the strongest decal setting solutions on the planet to include Champ and some other nuclear decal setting options?

WD

Offline Radarman

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:23:35 PM »
Alexis,
Thanks for going the extra mile and providing us with a photo of this product.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 07:17:08 PM »
This sounds very useful and I will order but wether it sloves ye olde Roden problem I am not sure. I think you should use Microsoft decal cote.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »
Hi Alexis,
 Where does one buy this potion of decal magic?

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 11:51:34 PM »
Morning guys , so many questions and haven't even had my morning coffee yet !

Yes it works on Rodens decal which don't like to behave as they should , any decal that won't adhere this product takes care of if that issue .

I'm not really sure where you are able to buy this . I found this at my local hobby shop and paid 6 bucks for it and it has more then paid for it's self . I'm guess any shop that carries Tamiya line of paints should have this .

Alexis  :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline WD

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 07:13:28 AM »
This sounds very useful and I will order but wether it sloves ye olde Roden problem I am not sure. I think you should use Microsoft decal cote.

I'm not talking about the shattering, I'm talking about their resistance to laying down and resisting all setting solutions produced on this planet. ;)

WD

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 06:18:06 AM »
I’ve convinced myself that aqua regia is the only thing that may budge Roden’s old decals, but if this Tamiya concotion allegedly solves these stubborn decals I shall have to get a bottle.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 02:54:52 AM »
I tend to be very reluctant to apply decal solutions to the surface of a kit prior to applying the decals.

Decals vary greatly from manufacturer to manufacturer, and you never know which one will really bite into the surface and then not want to move around into position.

It is much safer to apply WATER to a kit initially.  And then once you have it where you want it and it is reasonably dried off, hit it with the 2 stage setting solutions; they will penetrate and go under the decal, but once you have it where you want it.

With some decals, it doesn't matter.  You can set them on top of solutions like what is pictured here and they will still move around fine.  The problem is you don't know which ones will do what until you mess around with them.

I find the Gunze stuff to be *extremely* aggressive and it has ruined more decals than it has safely snugged down for me.

The best is Micro Sol and Micro Set.  Much more gentle.

I also have the Tamiya products and they are somewhere in the middle.