Author Topic: Kirschstein and Steinhauser DR1 build is Finished. Meng and Roden / stein  (Read 4588 times)

Online RAGIII

First I want to thank all of the Forum Members for the tremendous support during this build. When I was ready to quit posting you all inspired Me to be better  ;D In particular rayb24 showed just how generous this community is. Thanks Ray. Also thanks to Pete for the Aviattic Rudder and other bits!

RAGIII

Build Log:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=11501.0

First a photo of the disaster. Not to highlight the negative but rather to emphasize what I said above:

Now the finished Models: One thing you will notice is that mine are a LOT Dirtier than Marks  :o

Meng:

Roden:

and the other Roden Kit: just a reminder that this one was also part of the build  8)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 03:36:15 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhwinter

👏👏👏

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Wow Rick , I really just don't know what to say which hasn't already been mentioned before , but I will this ...You are turly an inspiration to as all !

Man , those are some very sexy builds !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ermeio

An incredible trio of nice triplanes!
Well done, Rick!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Rick,
    A spectacular finish and my compliments on your determination! These two are real gems and the third is icing on the cake, you've done some lovely work on this project. As for inspiration, well look no further then the effect right here, three DR.1's more or less underway albeit separately, the first about to be entered in the Completed Models section.
   I don't know what's next up on your bench but put something soft on the floor, another disaster might prove a little rough on the nerves!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline gbrivio

Glad the magic trio is completed, they all went beautiful.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Vickers

Way to gut it out, Rick! The final results are well worth the daunting challenges you encountered during this project. A magnificent triumph in scale!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Radarman

RAGIII,
These are a real pleasure to view. They'll send any one of us on a "Tri-plane Bender", never to recover until we've built one too.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Great finish to the great project. A lovely collection of Dr.Is you have prepared - eye-candies for sure
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Fvdm

Those planes are just gorgeous.  When I build a triplane I'll use the thread as my goto guide. If that's ok by you.

Offline rhallinger

RAGIII,
These are a real pleasure to view. They'll send any one of us on a "Tri-plane Bender", never to recover until we've built one too.

Kevin

Bravo, Rick!

Best regards,

Bob

Bughunter

Rick, you shocked me with the disaster photo - I thought it happened AGAIN :o

But your resulting triplanes are very nice and so I could calm down!
All are very nice with the great streaking, I do not know with livery I like more.

It is alse really impressive, that you are able manage those multiple builds at once, in great speed.

Cheers,
Frank

Online RAGIII

👏👏👏

Thanks
RAGIII

Wow Rick , I really just don't know what to say which hasn't already been mentioned before , but I will this ...You are turly an inspiration to as all !

Man , those are some very sexy builds !

Alexis

Thanks for all of the support Alexis!
RAGIII

An incredible trio of nice triplanes!
Well done, Rick!

Thanks for the comment!
RAGIII

Rick,
    A spectacular finish and my compliments on your determination! These two are real gems and the third is icing on the cake, you've done some lovely work on this project. As for inspiration, well look no further then the effect right here, three DR.1's more or less underway albeit separately, the first about to be entered in the Completed Models section.
   I don't know what's next up on your bench but put something soft on the floor, another disaster might prove a little rough on the nerves!
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance. Glad to see all of the Triplane builds. If mine inspired you or anyone then My work is done  ;D
RAGIII

Glad the magic trio is completed, they all went beautiful.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe!
RAGIII

Way to gut it out, Rick! The final results are well worth the daunting challenges you encountered during this project. A magnificent triumph in scale!

Thanks for the comments and Support!
RAGIII

RAGIII,

Kevin

Thanks Kevin!
RAGIII

Those planes are just gorgeous.  When I build a triplane I'll use the thread as my goto guide. If that's ok by you.

Thanks for your support and comments.
RAGIII

RAGIII,

Kevin

Bravo, Rick!

Best regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob!
RAGIII

Rick, you shocked me with the disaster photo - I thought it happened AGAIN :o

But your resulting triplanes are very nice and so I could calm down!
All are very nice with the great streaking, I do not know with livery I like more.

It is alse really impressive, that you are able manage those multiple builds at once, in great speed.

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank, sorry for the initial shock  ::) I can assure you that all three are safely in the JG1 Display Case:

RAGIII
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 12:01:40 AM by RAGIII »

Offline dr 1 ace

Nicely done Amigo ! and the recovery too!  I am envious of your collection and will finally get to starting on my stach.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Online RAGIII

Nicely done Amigo ! and the recovery too!  I am envious of your collection and will finally get to starting on my stach.

Ed

Thanks for looking in and the comments Amigo! You are Still the King of Triplanes  8) I have 19 in the JG1 case with room for 1 more, maybe two if one is another DR1  ::)
RAGIII