Author Topic: Hello from Geelong, near Melbourne, Australia  (Read 1196 times)

Offline hrcoleman66

Hello from Geelong, near Melbourne, Australia
« on: January 16, 2021, 12:39:11 PM »
Hello every one.

Hugh here.  Previously known as MerlinV on the old Aerodrome forum and Aeroscale kitmaker forums.
Ragiii, Terri and Brad Cancian will remember me.
I’ve been out of modelling for ages now, if I look back at Aeroscale, I think my last building post was maybe 2013 (Roden 1/32 SE5a).  Life, you know...
Anyway, for some reason I went over to my storage unit and brought back a few kits.
Eduard Hisso SE5a weekend edition, Roden BE12, Copper State Models Sopwith Dolphin and the Eduard Hawker Tempest weekend edition...  you can forget I mentioned that last one.
I think I’ll start with the SE5a...  always a favourite.  I do have a bunch of semi finished models in my stash somewhere, and logic would tell me to finish them, but...  I like the process of starting a model.

Oh, one of the things those who know me will recall is that I’m a shocker for starting projects, starting more and putting some to one side until I’m in the right head space to continue the previous one.  I also don’t like to feel pressured with my building, so challenges are never my strong suit.

I also dabble in model engineering...  would it surprise you to hear I have three or four different steam engine builds on the go?
And photography, land scape and wildlife...  have a bunch of macro gear as well, so hope fully will get a chance to use that.

Anyway, hoping to get stuck in real soon (might have to try to set up a dust proof build section in the shed..., my wife and I have a lot of exotic parrots inside the house and she certainly won’t condone glues and paint fumes in the house).

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Geelong, near Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 01:52:44 PM »
Hi Hugh

Welcome to the Forum. Its always great to see more Aussies on board to complement our international family of WW1 modeling enthusiasts. I hope you find much here to re-ignite your interest in WW1 models. And the Tempest is welcome here too on our popular Off Topic build board. We're really about all modelling with a focus on WW1.

We look forward to seeing your builds on the forum and don't be embarrassed about unfinished projects- I have five of them on the bench right now!

Thanks for joining us and I look forward to chatting to you on the Forum.

Cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 05:05:15 PM »
Gooday Hugh, glad you found your way here, not to mention getting back into the hobby.I bet things seem a bit different after the hiatus!
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:52:44 PM »
Hello Hugh,
Welcome aboard!
I look forward to seeing the SE.5a in progress.

Good luck!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 10:53:37 PM »
Well I must say , long time no see Hugh and it is a pleasure to have you here .

Rick is here and so is Brad and there are a few others as well I believe . Seems you have expanded your interest since the last time we spoke , sure like to keep busy  ;)

Alexis ( Terri )
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline hrcoleman66

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.
@Terri, thanks, yes it’s been a while.  Better than being bored!
Looking forward to getting back in touch with everyone.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline ermeio

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 02:00:06 AM »
Welcome aboard, Hugh!

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 04:34:19 AM »
Hi Hugh, welcome to the best WW1 model aviation site! I'm sure you will feel right at home here.... (I did see your contributions on the Aerodrome, some valuable stuff...) Regards, Marc.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 03:22:45 AM »
Welcome Hugh! I am happy to hear your interest has been rekindled! Looking forward to seeing your work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 05:50:28 AM »
Welcome to the forum Hugh.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Radarman

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 05:52:00 AM »
Welcome Hugh. It's good to have a new old timer on the forum.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!