Author Topic: Eduard 1/72nd Fokker D.VII Kit Differences  (Read 953 times)

Offline WD

Eduard 1/72nd Fokker D.VII Kit Differences
« on: January 08, 2021, 07:18:43 AM »
Good People,
                     I think I'm 99% sure of the answer to this, but I wanted to ask here just to be certain:

- On the 1/72nd scale Eduard Fokker D.VII kits, the only difference between the OAW and Albatros kits is in the decals, no?  I haven't inspected the sprue shots in detail, but I want to say it appears that the sprues already have all of the parts for you to build any variant from OAW, Albatros, or Fokker production. If not, please do let me know.

Thanks!

WD

Offline Radarman

Re: Eduard 1/72nd Fokker D.VII Kit Differences
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 07:33:56 AM »
WD,
The fuselages are different in each kit reflecting the variations of each manufacturer.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 07:51:11 AM »
Thanks Kevin, I thought I spied different nose panel sections on the sprue bits, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!

WD

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 10:12:25 PM »
The panel covers are indeed different, in addition the Fokker-built kit will include parts to make one D.VIIF, which had a different engine. The Alb and OAW boxings have two fuselage versions with different cowling vent arrangements by the way, but neither is conclusive (there were *many* variations) - expect the same for the Fokker sprues.

For the decals, the Fokker kit seems only to come with lozenge rib tapes, whereas the previous kits came with pink, blue AND lozenge tapes (this may matter for those who like me used too many blue tapes and now need to order an extra kit instead of being able to use spares from the Fokker-Fokker).

Offline WD

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 10:04:43 AM »
Thanks torbiorn!  I was going to out-source my lozenge and rib tapes to Aviattic or use up my stash of Americal-Gryphon. Honestly, Eduard has done such a horrendous job in the past on lozenge when it came to colors, etc. I haven't even looked at what was included in the kits figuring I'd have to replace it anyway.

Yep, I've got two of the "Fokker Fokker!" on order, and just dropped an order for at least a half dozen of the Albie-built machines.

WD