Author Topic: Also in Eduard News  (Read 4330 times)

Offline WD

Also in Eduard News
« on: January 07, 2021, 02:31:39 AM »
Also in news from Eduard, among their planned 2021 releases in 1/72nd are:

February:
7404 Nieuport Ni-17 - 1/72 Weekend Edition

March:
Du doch nicht! Fokker D.VIII + Dr.I – 1/72 Limited Edition

While I've got a pile of Nieuport kits in the stash  ;D I'm excited about the March release.

WD

Offline torbiorn

Re: Also in Eduard News
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 03:03:41 AM »
D.VII, I assume?

And no Albatros, like in their 1/48 combo?

Like you I find the Nieuport of limited interest since the dual combo with PE is selling so cheaply. They’ll have to find some unique marking options to attract buyers I think.

Offline WD

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:28:25 AM »
I wondered about the D.VIII vs. D.VII thing as well. I know Eduard did a 1/72nd D.VIII/E.V many, many years ago.

I've got scads of Nieuport decals. so like you, it'll need to be interesting.

WD

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:42:09 PM »
Methinks this is an odd series of new releases as folk like us will have bought loads of these and in my case loads of little Fokkers.

Offline rayb24

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 08:16:11 AM »
Methinks this is an odd series of new releases as folk like us will have bought loads of these and in my case loads of little Fokkers.

Lol your mentioning little Fokkers, made me chuckle and took took me back years too when my son was in grade one.  His class was asked if anyone in their families was good at crafts. Which my son did, the wife said ask your dad. I unthinkingly said you should tell your teacher I build Fokkers.... I chuckled at the time with my smart assed comment.  .A few days later the wife was furious with me, seems my son said my dad plays with lil fokkers..     

This earned me, not only the doghouse for a while, but a trip to my sons school to explain... i took some of my models just to prove things.... Believe me, his principle took what my son had said very seriously.

Also got voluntold to run a class for kids to build some models from my darn stash..... sigh...

Moral of the story, be very careful with what you say around kids lol

Ray

Offline WD

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 10:12:23 AM »
Ray,
      Been there, done that. However, luckily for me my eight year old was articulate enough to explain to all concerned about WWI, biplanes, triplanes, the Red Baron, etc. at the time. When he was a baby he'd sit in my lap on days I was Mr. Mom and play Red Baron with me on the PC. I created a monster. When he was six my wife was repainting his bedroom and asked him if he'd like something painted on the walls. She was thinking it'd be animals, or planes in general, etc.

Nope.

He said, and I quote: "I want a SPAD coming onto an observation balloon for a sausage roast, and a Fokker coming up under him to get him!"  SWMBO then had me explain what he meant. Long story short, I photocopied some kit box art, she blew them up and traced them on to the wall, and painted exactly that for him. Said son is in his mid-20's living in that old place now with his new bride. He said when he moves out, he's going to take a saw and cut out that part of the wall and frame it.  :)

Apologies for the thread drift.

WD

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 01:21:24 AM »
The Udet box will contain three kits - the mentioned plus an Albatros D.V.

Offline enathan

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 08:30:32 AM »

Three kits, eight marking options.

Offline enathan

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 08:38:43 AM »

The new Ni.17, with 4 marking options.

Offline WD

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »

Three kits, eight marking options.

Great! I looked for years for the very limited release of the Dr.I that Eduard did with Udet's striped Tripe, finally found one last year. I'm glad they're including it in this. I'll definitely pick this set up.

WD

Offline WD

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 10:37:11 AM »

Awesome! I love that marking, I'll be picking that one up too, just for the markings.
One cannot be too rich, too skinny, or have too many Nieuport kits.  :D
Thanks for this update enathan!

WD
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 10:42:19 AM by WD »

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 08:31:42 AM »

Awesome! I love that marking, I'll be picking that one up too, just for the markings.
One cannot be too rich, too skinny, or have too many Nieuport kits.  :D
Thanks for this update enathan!

WD

I’ve gotten too fond of the Eduard Dual combos (both the 17 and 23) which also includes some PE, but mat I as you pick this one up for the markings. Still a bit sad they didn’t issue a kit with RFC machines instead.

Offline WD

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 12:55:44 AM »
Well, he did say in the Feb newsletter that releases with markings for other countries would follow, so hope springs eternal there for some RFC, Belgian, and Italian machines.  (I already have enough decals for IRAS machines.)

WD

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2021, 06:49:19 AM »
That I hadn’t picked up. I’m hoping for RFC though: Russian, Italian and even some Belgian decals are readily available, but British are mysteriously elusive.

Offline WD

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 10:54:10 AM »
That I hadn’t picked up. I’m hoping for RFC though: Russian, Italian and even some Belgian decals are readily available, but British are mysteriously elusive.

Yep, they are. Luckily for me, I've got an old Americal-Gryphon set I may dive in to one day.

WD