Author Topic: Let's make it a good one...  (Read 817 times)

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
Let's make it a good one...
« on: December 27, 2020, 06:33:07 PM »
Who would have thought, at the beginning of 2020, when we wished each other happy new year what a tumultuous year it would turn out to be.

All our securities and basic values have been and are still being tested.
We’ve all lost friends, relatives, or just people we know, or we all know someone who did. Many people suffered in indescribable ways, physically, mentally, and financially.

Every year we wish each other well, good health, happiness and all the best of everything, because that is what we always do. Not that we don’t mean it, but most of us don’t give it much extra thought. And in times like these, where we have lost so much, we must not lose our spirit!

So, let’s just do this a little different this time.

I personally think that there is light at the end of this long dark tunnel, and that soon we can be with and hold our loved ones again. That we may once again go into the streets and feel the warmth of the sun and the people around us. That we can meet without being afraid of endangering our lives or that of others.

That we have learned to cherish what we have and not to crave for what we don’t and that we can make plans again.

And that our breed, mostly living in cellars and attics, will not forget to enjoy the physical presence of our family and friends.

All in the spirit of the founder if this wonderful forum.

Imagine....

Willem
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:07:38 PM by Rookie »

Offline rayb24

Re: Let's make it a good one...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 04:48:00 AM »
Great sentiments, i’d add the quote “and this too shall pass”

Whether you agree with covid restrictions or get annoyed by them. Have patience, respect and understanding for others and this time too will pass.

Ray (sorry shamefully stole the quote lol)

Offline Vickers

Re: Let's make it a good one...
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 02:02:10 PM »
I would rather ride a pogo stick across a frozen lake than repeat 2020.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."