Author Topic: Olimp models 1/72 jenny  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Early Bird Fan

Olimp models 1/72 jenny
« on: December 25, 2020, 05:14:01 PM »
A little project i've been working on for a few months is finally finished, a 1/72 JN-4H from Olimp models. Not the best fitting kit and she caused me a few problems during the build but she's come out looking not too bad. Most of the decals fell apart as soon as i looked at them so the fuselage is a bit bare compared to how it should look. Primarily used as a trainer during ww1 this particular version was actually used post war as a trainer.

This was brush painted with a combination of enamel and oil paint and is rigged with repair thread and galvanised steel wire, the wire is probably overscale for the purists out there but in natural light it can can disappear so looks a bit thinner than it actually is.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Olimp models 1/72 jenny
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 04:10:53 AM »
Now this is a treat , don't see many Jenny's posted .

Nice job on the build  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Online RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 01:52:58 AM »
Nicely done Jenny! It looks like you certainly overcame your struggles with the kit. I am seriously considering some 1/72nd two seater builds this year and find your Jenny inspiring!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »
Knowing of some of the problems you had to solve to finish this i think you deserve a medal for producing such a good model. The painting and rigging are superb. Not a common subject either.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 05:22:49 AM »
That is well done! Not an easy build, but it looks really good! And great to see a Jenny! Regards, Marc.