Author Topic: Bleriot XI, 1/72  (Read 3671 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: Bleriot XI, 1/72
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2020, 04:48:24 AM »
Brilliant: the more so as it is in the True Scale. I too have scratch built one of these but it was nowhere near as good as yours. Thanks for the info on the spoked wheels too - a difficult technique but one which I must try myself.

Stephen.

Offline hadzi

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2020, 04:43:07 AM »
beautifully made model

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2020, 07:58:41 AM »
Brilliant: the more so as it is in the True Scale. I too have scratch built one of these but it was nowhere near as good as yours. Thanks for the info on the spoked wheels too - a difficult technique but one which I must try myself.

Stephen.
Thank you for the kind words - I have seen your builds and you are being modest :) In fact I have found many of your logs and picked up many ideas so I’m pleased to be able to give something back. The wheels were indeed very tricky (on the edge of giving-up tricky), and I will think twice before I build something with spoked wheels next time. I hope you will find some way to make it easier before that.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 11:07:35 PM »
That's some nice scratchbuilding, Torbiorn.  Do show some of your techniques (so we can shamelessly steal ideas)!  ;D

Offline torbiorn

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 06:00:41 PM »
That's some nice scratchbuilding, Torbiorn.  Do show some of your techniques (so we can shamelessly steal ideas)!  ;D
Fair I guess, since I’ve shamelessly stolen most of “my” techniques from other modellers’ log - and Woodmans’s book of course. I made a buildlog on another forum. If linking to other fora is allowed, here it is:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235065581-bleriot-xi/