Author Topic: WW1 kit news from Roden  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
WW1 kit news from Roden
« on: November 01, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »
Roden have advised that the first of their new 1/32 scale WW1 aircraft kits is being designed now and will hopefully be ready in February.

Roden President Vladimir Chumak says the first new kit for release will be the Spad XIII - the most wanted kit in our recent Forum poll. This influenced Roden to add it to their new WW1 production schedule, and it's now been promoted to first release status!.

Vladimir says the Avro 504K will follow the Spad, and then the Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter.

He says Roden are following our threads for suggested colour schemes for the kits and will be liaising with us on the choices.

I asked him about problems with Roden decals and he acknowledges they had problems with decals in the past but are working to improve their decals, which are produced in-house.

Roden are monitoring our threads here so Forum members are being listened to.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pup7309

Re: WW1 kit news from Roden
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 01:18:54 PM »
Thanks Dave, and Roden! Awse! Feb release? - geez quicker than I expected  ;D
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline gcn

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 05:39:13 PM »
That’s very good news.

I’ll certainly be after a couple and hopefully it’ll give the aftermarket companies something to get their teeth into.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
Thank you Roden for resuming 1/32 WWI production - a genre pretty well defined by you in the modern era, until usurped by a now-defunct NZ operation.
I have several copies of all your existing subjects and will add the new ones as they arrive.
As a committed fan, can I make one constructive suggestion regarding strut anchor points. Here is an opportunity to improve location and strength with the new kits. This won't matter so much with the SPAD but quite critical for the Strutter and Avro.
If you have been, thanks for listening.
Sandy

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 07:58:26 PM »
Thank you Dave, thank you Roden/Vladimir for your effort! Looking forward to all three announced kits!
Richard

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 09:31:45 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave! I am certainly up for a couple more SPADS  8) Thanks to Roden for listening and leading , along with Copper State, the way to a New Beginning in 1/32nd scale WW1!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:22:16 PM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline loopyloop

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »
Well well great news about the decals. I wait with bated breath.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 01:20:51 AM »
great news, even if the decals don't quite get there yet. they're trying to sort it out with a very limited budget. i know the feeling, from indie film.

director: "I envision a big battle scene"

me: "envision a squad-level raid with the budget we've got."

the only thing that could keep me away from these kits is if the shape's wrong, and Roden's generally been quite good about that (yeah i know about the short fuse on the Tripehound, but that turns out to be based on the prototype, an understandable error (compared to say, Trumpeter's B-team's weird choices).

i'll fully support Roden's efforts, and vote with my wallet. that said i've got to sort out some Copper State next, then Aviattic. just bought a ton of stuff from Pheon. Rowan's so good and they're such lovely people i bought a few i don't even plan to use just to support their work. this is my 'new normal.'

Offline mgunns

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2020, 03:25:29 AM »
Good news indeed.  I look forward to the release of these kits and will certainly vote with wallet.  They all sound great and fill that void.  Thanks Dave W. and Vladimir for keeping us in the loop.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
Hi all,
Yes this is good news.
I've built the rare Hobby Craft SPAD XIII but modellers have been asking for a new kit for a long time now.
I'll certainly go for the 504K and Strutter when they are released.
Way to go Roden  ;D

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.

Offline Vickers

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 07:38:41 PM »
I still intend to build the lone HC S.XIII in my stash, but will definitely order this new one coming soon from Roden... the only question will be how many!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 01:35:05 AM »
What I like about the Strutter is that it can be one of several offerings, British and French.  There is a reconstruction that flies in the Memorial Flight in France that should be studied.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 01:44:49 AM »
They will sell bucket loads of Spads. Which helps fund future projects.
Win Win!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Edo

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
very good news indeed!
i am not an expert, but is there a way to “link” our purchases to let Roden know they come from forums member? it would be great to have some measure of how our support transltes in sales...
thank you Roden!
ciao
edo

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 06:53:12 PM »
very good news indeed!
i am not an expert, but is there a way to “link” our purchases to let Roden know they come from forums member? it would be great to have some measure of how our support transltes in sales...
thank you Roden!
ciao
edo

this would be great, i'd like them to see how many i get. as i understand it we can't buy directly from Roden, so itd be great if we can let them know.