Author Topic: 1/72 Eduard and Revell Fokker D.VII  (Read 1289 times)

Online Rip Van Winkle

1/72 Eduard and Revell Fokker D.VII
« on: October 24, 2020, 07:28:52 AM »
 Just completed Lt. Greven's Eduard Fokker D.VII and Lt. Raben's Revell Fokker D.VII.  I worked on both kits at the same time.

Online Rip Van Winkle

Re: 1/72 Eduard and Revell Fokker D.VII
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 07:42:32 AM »
First the Eduard kit.  Simply put this was the best kit i have built to date.  Tons of extra parts which came in useful for the Revell build.  The extra fuselage appears to be for an earlier OAW kit so wait and see.  I used Aviattic decals for the first time and they were great. I did not line up the top middle portion exactly so the ribs are off just a hair.  They look great. My only complaint is that they are difficult to trim. 

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 07:52:01 AM »
 I had some Humbrol 109 german blue that was close enough to make rib tape repairs especially near the trailing edge.  Other colors used were Vallejo Prussian blue, Tamiya XF2 white.  I cut the fuselage bolt decal into three parts and it was much easier to apply.  I was impressed with the kit and the decals. I  look forward to building another kit. Some light weathering with graphite on the white surfaces.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 07:52:39 AM »
A very fine pair of D.VIIs. Thanks for sharing.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 08:03:37 AM »
Now the Revell kit.  I started with a pile of parts from the 1964 Revell production and ended  with a decent model.

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 08:12:16 AM »
 The Revell kit appears to be a late OAW kit based on the cowling but some say it can be a D.VIIF. I enjoy these old kits . You can put as much detail as you desire.  The cockpit seat was from blackbird models, the engine form Ardpol. The rest was scratch built.  The cockpit lozenge decal was from Old Propeller. Wheels and propeller were extra from the Eduard kit.

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 08:20:59 AM »
Lozenge was some very old Superscale 5 color  That was in good shape..The blue rib taped were from Old Propeller (Wood and Wire).  Colors used were Tamiya X7 red and Tamiya X2 white.  Wing decals were from Blue Rider, The fuselage raven extra from the Eduard kit. Tail crossed extra from the Roden kit.  I used Dullcoat to tone down the red and white, and Vallejo smoke to tone down the lozenge.

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »
Both models were rigged with  .005 Nitinol wire.  Graphite for some light weathering.  Overall a pleasant experience.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »
 They really turned out nice Rip.  Hard to tell which kit is Eduard and which is Revell.  Nice job on the pair.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
   Your finishing details and paint are exceptional for the scale, very nice and really impressive models. Compliments on some really nice work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 01:52:29 AM »
Hi Rip ,

Excellent job on your Fokkers . Like the blue on Lt . Greven's bird .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 04:55:24 AM »
Both of your DVII Models look Fantastic! Lovely schemes and Painting. Like others said it is hard to tell the difference between the two due to your skills!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 05:49:08 AM »
Thank you for the nice comments.  I have yet to build a MAC kit.  Some time in the future I suppose.