Author Topic: Build kits in the UK  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Ant

Build kits in the UK
« on: October 18, 2020, 10:25:41 PM »
Im after a quality wooden build kit of the Sopwith Camel and the Tiger Moth, the ones im interested in are the ones that are just the frame and the added details etc and i think they are called museum quality...

Here in the uk i have browsed and there are quite a few so here i am asking for a quality make with detail.......

Also the kit as to be a decent size aswell...........

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Build kits in the UK
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 11:22:53 PM »
Are you looking for one that is already built ? Or are you looking to build this yourself and what scale ?

Don't know of any manufacture that has large scale built ones already , if this is what you are after then I would suggest finding someone that does commission work to help you .

If you are looking to build this yourself , scale would help with better suggestions . I know there is 1/12 , 1/16 , 1/18 and 1/24 scale and all have their difference in quailty of the parts .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 12:55:30 AM »
Hasegawa made the 1/8 scale Museum Quality kits of the Camel, SE5a and Fokker Dr.1.  Model Airways (and others) make a 1/16 Camel, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.V, Jenny, Wright Flyer and Fokker Dr. 1.  I am not sure who/if a Tiger Moth was made in a large scale (other than plastic).

Offline Ant

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 01:03:49 AM »
Are you looking for one that is already built ? Or are you looking to build this yourself and what scale ?

Don't know of any manufacture that has large scale built ones already , if this is what you are after then I would suggest finding someone that does commission work to help you .

If you are looking to build this yourself , scale would help with better suggestions . I know there is 1/12 , 1/16 , 1/18 and 1/24 scale and all have their difference in quailty of the parts .

Terri

Im looking for a wooden kit to build 1/12 or 1/18 will be about right for the camel.......

What i dont like is the plastic engine cowl......
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:09:46 AM by Ant »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 05:45:41 AM »
I would say the Artesania Latina Sopwith Camel 1'16 scale . It's all wood and metal , no plastic like the Hasegawa one

Here is you-tube video on it being constructed .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAjmUQOwgIs

There are other videos online of it's construction

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Ant

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 08:41:44 PM »
Thanks Terri...
I had a gander at that model along with a few other makes.....

Aswell as quality makes are there ones to avoid !

Offline Ant

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »
I cant make up my mind between the Artesania sopwith and the Model Airways (model expo in the UK).

I know the artesania is metal and wood but its the detail im interested in aswell......