Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 888 times)

Offline Ant

« on: October 18, 2020, 09:38:25 PM »
Hi all.
Newbie to building areoplanes here more used to building wooden ships n boats from kits so i want a change and i hoping people on here can help..
I missed this part so here goes..

What im looking for is some help with regards to the following.

Im after a quality wooden build kit of the Sopwith Camel and the Tiger Moth, the ones im interested in are the ones that are just the frame etc and i think they are called museum quality...

Here in the uk i have browsed and there are quite a few so here i am asking for a quality make with detail.......

Also the kit as to be a decent size aswell...........
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:01:10 PM by Ant »

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
Hi Ant ,

Welcome to the site  :) What every you need help with the guys are very helpful whether it be info or a method on doing something .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Ant

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 10:01:50 PM »
Hi Ant ,

Welcome to the site  :) What every you need help with the guys are very helpful whether it be info or a method on doing something .

Terri

Thanks terri.....

Looking forward to so advice.......

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:20:13 AM »
Hello Ant

A warm welcome to our Forum and I hope you find much here to feed your WW1 interest. The large scale museum quality wooden aircraft models are few and far but the Hasegawa 1/8 series is the best known.

For a Tiger Moth I think you'd need to go down the balsa kit route. I made one a zillion years ago ( rubber band powered and it flew well) but if you want fine detail I think its scratch building time.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ant

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:44:45 PM »
Thanks Dave....
Scratch build  :-\ i dont think im ready for that stage infact its something ive not in me to do.....
I will continue to browse though....
Thanks

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 09:49:03 PM »
Hello Ant,
 Welcome to the forum.
Enjoy!

vB  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 02:20:32 AM »
Hi Ant! Those large scale projects are lots of work... but worth it! Enjoy! Marc.