Author Topic: Hello from Harrisburg Pennsylvania USA  (Read 1329 times)

Offline James Reagan

Hello from Harrisburg Pennsylvania USA
« on: October 18, 2020, 08:10:39 AM »
I'm Jim Reagan. AS of yesterday 8o years old, so my modeling goes all the way back to the original Hawk models as well as the Aurora  WW1 models  I've always had anon again off again interest in World War 1 and "golden years" aircraft.  Fter I retired I joined a group of retailers who were part of All Toy Company  a brick and mortar retail store where I sold model kits.  When we closed I joined a store called Old Factory which was suitable for stock shrinkage.  After leaving I put stuff in storage.  My wife is not overly enthused that some the storage is at our home. So in order to reach our 50th wedding anniversary I am attempting to use the internet to sell this inventory.

Right now I've returned to my old WW1 interest and am attempting to catch up on all the new things in the hobby.  I have a nice library and sufficient kits in the stash to keep me busy.  I am also attempting to get what I need in paints etc to maintain a continuing interest in modeling before  I close my retail accounts. Over the last few years death has separated me from some modeling friends who were a significant source of revenue.  I've thought of opening  a small home based operation concentrating onmodeling supplies but it's no longer worth the time and effort.

Hence my interest in modeling accurate replicas of WW! aircraft. Which is asking a lot of questions about current modeling  techniques and new items on the market.  Interestingly I have a collection of Americal decals stored for use.

Jim Reagan

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Hello from Harrisburg Pennsylvania USA
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:14:11 AM »
Hi James and welcome to the site , you came to the right place . Folks here are best and very helpful with all types of questions .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
Hi Jim

A warm welcome to the Forum. You'll find quite a few seasoned veteran modellers here so you're in good company.

I hope you enjoy your time here and find much to feed your WW1 interest.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 11:41:18 AM »
    Welcome to the Forum Jim, you've made a great choice. I'm not far behind you in "Birthdays past" and recall the same basic Kits as part of my early childhood model building adventures.Your switch to WWI Aircraft should prove genuinely easy with all the knowledge and willing support so much a part of this site. Enjoy!!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 05:24:38 PM »
Welcome Jim, nice to see you here, you've found the best resource on the web for our hobby.I also have a small remaining stash of Americal decals, though Aviattic and Pheon are my go to choices these days.
Cheers,
Dave.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Welcome aboard, Jim!

;) ;) ;)

Bob

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2020, 01:15:28 AM »
Dave
 Do you feel the lozenge pattern on the Americal Gryphon  decals are a bit large?  I was always impressed with the knowledge of its founder.

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 02:22:05 AM »
Hi Jim! Welcome to the site, it certainly sounds like you're at the right place! Enjoy! Regards, Marc.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »
Welcome Jim!  I’m just down the road from you in Lancaster, PA, but we’ve got a great bunch of modelers from all over the world here.  I build mostly 1/32 WWI aircraft, both plastic and paper kits, but also the occasional WWII or between war aircraft in 1/48.  I like everything, including jets and armor too!

Enjoy, and ask lots of questions.  Everyone here is very helpful and supportive.  Friendly bunch!

Best regards,

Bob