Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1327 times)

Offline John Marco

• Model Art By Marco
Hello All
« on: September 17, 2020, 05:20:05 AM »
Hi all,
A few may remember me in the Open Forum with Canvas Kinghts WW1 sim.
Well I am back and I would like to properly introduce myself.
My Name is John Marcolongo and I went under the name John Marco for many years.
For about 30 years I use to design and produce model kits of all kinds and scales under the name Marco's Miniatures some of you may know my 1/24th scale WW1 kits of back in the 90s, I then moved from USA to Germany and started Model Art By Marco and made several kits, I stopped in 2006 and started with 3D and flight sims and I stopped doing that in about 2016 and started playing music again and did not think I would ever get back to producing models but as things are these days here I am getting all setup to do it again, with tools, machinery and inventory and we will see how it all goes.
Here is the page, Please come have a look  :)
https://www.facebook.com/modelartbymarco/
And I have out 3 WW1 1/8th scale engines in resin, here is a photo hope you like it.
Greetings
John

Offline smperry

Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 05:29:00 AM »
Hi John
Welcome to the Forum. You will find it the friendliest and most knowledgeable place on the web.

I have your Marco's Miniatures Fokker D.VIII kit. I have been sitting on it for years. May be a good time to start it.

Regards
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline John Marco

• Model Art By Marco
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 05:38:51 AM »
Hey SP long time man.
You have my D-8, I always looked at that one as my best out of all, That inner metal fuse frame was a big step up at the time it was done and now we see the idea of inner fuse frame being used in the newer generation WW1 kits... makes me smile  :)   

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 10:29:44 AM »
John
I ran across a web page where they were building a replica D.VIII. They were quite convinced the fuselage frame was wrapped with lozenge fabric. I tried with a strip of the kit decal and it didn't work. The kit has sat untouched for over 15 years. Now a days I have seen aftermarket 1/24 loz decals. I should order some in case the kit decals have not aged well.
That is one hell of a kit for the time it came out, definitely took the phrase "Multi Media" to a new level.
Now you got me thinking and that model may have just butted line in the build que.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline enathan

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 10:46:31 AM »
Hi John, welcome.
Do you still have or plan to re-issue the 1/72 Savoia Pomilio SP.3?
Ehud 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:26:45 AM by enathan »

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 10:55:55 AM »
Hi John

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you find much here to help you.

We are fully committed to supporting and encouraging all WW1 model and accessory manufacturers so please keep us posted with your projects.

best regards

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline John Marco

• Model Art By Marco
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »
Hello enathan, That could happen with the 72 scale SP3 but not the 48th.
Hello Dave, Thank you! I will post in What's New over the next few days.
There will be a new line of WW1 planes in 1/28th scale from me to go along with the Revell kits.

Greetings
John

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
Hi John! I do remember you and Marco Miniatures and welcome to the forum! Those engines look quite beautiful, and are there any plans to do a 1/24 UR2 for the Merit kit?? The 1/28th scale kits sound exciting.... Regards, Marc.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 11:32:21 PM »
    Welcome back to the Hobby John, and as you've already realized, this Forum is the place to be! Those engines look superb, and I look forward to seeing your new products.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 12:23:36 AM »
Welcome home, John!

Please keep us up-to-date on developments.

Cheers,
Bob
         ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline John Marco

• Model Art By Marco
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 08:06:02 AM »
John
I ran across a web page where they were building a replica D.VIII. They were quite convinced the fuselage frame was wrapped with lozenge fabric. I tried with a strip of the kit decal and it didn't work. The kit has sat untouched for over 15 years. Now a days I have seen aftermarket 1/24 loz decals. I should order some in case the kit decals have not aged well.

SP, That kit been sitting for almost 30 yeas it came out in 93  ;)
What I did at the time was to prime the fuse frame then put on the thin strips with lots of decal set, the decals need to go around a thin tight radius and therefore needs much help.

Thanks All! for the welcome  8)
Greetings
John 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:13:04 AM by John Marco »

Offline smperry

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 10:00:23 AM »
John
I tried to spiral wrap the loz strip around the frame members. Lots of Micro Sol but it didn't sucker down. I did not prime the frame.
I will  have to photograph the kit. I don't think most folks know what a unique kit this is. Will be a while because my bad back is keeping me out of my shop.
sp

Offline John Marco

• Model Art By Marco
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 07:41:18 PM »
Hi SP,
Prime the frame that is what really helps it to work with the decal set.

Greetings
John