Author Topic: Don't get PUSHY with me !  (Read 32258 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: Don't get PUSHY with me !
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2022, 07:41:14 AM »
What they said! I don't weather models but with rotaries it's inevitable, and I'd be so pleased if I can achieve anything close to that! It's always good to see another update from you, Alexis!

(Also - have any other forumites seen the comedy series Schitt's Creek? Catherine O'Hara's pronunciation of the name Alexis (link) comes into my head whenever I see "our" Alexis' name!!  ;D)
Zac in NZ

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #406 on: June 21, 2022, 08:12:34 AM »
Excellent weathering Alexis! I wasn't sure about the Oil stains on the wings when I did Mine. I think I will go back and add some based on your efforts!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #407 on: June 22, 2022, 01:50:10 AM »
Slow but staedy progress Alexis: and the standard of the finish is as high as ever!

Stephen.

Offline WD

« Reply #408 on: June 22, 2022, 03:56:30 AM »
Looking great as always.

WD

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #409 on: June 22, 2022, 07:54:27 PM »
I too like the oil stains! (and the rest, of course ;))

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #410 on: June 23, 2022, 01:34:43 AM »
 Schitt's Creek , that is a funny show , love it !

Thanks guys for the continuing support towards this build which really seems to be taken it's sweet time !

Alexis , you know you want to say the name !
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #411 on: June 23, 2022, 09:55:00 AM »
Alexis , you know you want to say the name !
I told my wife and she was greatly amused! "Alexis, what is the latest on your Airco pusher?"
Zac in NZ

Offline WD

« Reply #412 on: June 27, 2022, 12:09:44 AM »
Alexis, what's your method for recreating that staining?  Artist's oils? I'd love to know.

WD

Offline Europapete

« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2022, 05:38:09 AM »
Good grief, I am out of it for a while and come back to some seriously good modelling here. Awesome job Alexis, well done.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2022, 03:05:23 AM »
Well the latest so far Zac is still construction wire hoops for the rigging and gluing them in place  Nothing worth of a photo yet but progress is moving forward !  ;) There is still a s&it load of ones to be made  :'( Have a four day weekend so progress pic's will be coming to entertain you .

Hey WD , I don't use oils at all actually . I did the staining using Tamiya pastel chalk and Tamiya smoke . The Tamiya smoke I thinned with future finishing off with their pastel line of weather products ( Oil stain form set D ) to blend and feathering the edges .

Thanks Pete , I might have this done by the end of the year . Work and other duties keep me busy and with summer here ...

Alexis , yes she is still kicking and screaming ...who wants too know  :o
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #415 on: July 03, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »
This is very straining on the eyes and only have way done with making them . Both upper and lower top have their eyelets as well as the struts which I'm pretty sure caused slight blindness . Before I mount the top wing will do per-rigging at the wing root , easier to get in there now then later . I'm a getting there !

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #416 on: July 04, 2022, 10:08:24 AM »
Lovely work Alexis!
Zac in NZ

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #417 on: July 04, 2022, 07:07:46 PM »
Thanks Zac ,

Some of the per rigging is don and struts fixed in place for the top wing . Before I glue that in place I missed a few of the eyelets on the to lower side of the the top wing . Which is works outs , while I'm doing that will give time for the glue to set more . The last four outer struts will e added after the inner bays are rigged , this should give me a bit more room with out having these struts in the way .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #418 on: July 04, 2022, 10:50:01 PM »
Your DH2 is really looking awesome! All of your mods are certainly paying off Alexis!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #419 on: July 06, 2022, 05:45:35 AM »
A pleasure to see a real aeroplane model loking as good as this Alexis. Putting all of those tiny eyelets in must be testing your patience to the limit, but at least you are getting there!

Stephen.