Author Topic: Windsock International Plans Service No 18  (Read 827 times)

Offline lone modeller

Windsock International Plans Service No 18
« on: August 27, 2020, 06:10:28 AM »
Evening All

Does anyone have a copy of the International Plans Service No 18 with plans of the Siemens Schuchert DDr1?

If you do would you be kind enough to copy the plans for me as I would like to try a scratch build of one of these in 1/72 scale. I do not want the magazine, just a copy of the plans which I can use. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Windsock International Plans Service No 18
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:54:34 AM »
Cool project Stephen ! I have Spins model in the stash and it is a funky looking thing which really never flew well ...but still it is cool looking .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
Just a reminder folks that Windsock plans are copyright to Ray Rimell and Albatros Publications.

Ray is a member of the Forum and a very approachable person who I'm sure would appreciate anyone wishing to copy plans from his titles to get permission from him before doing anything.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 06:48:35 AM »
My apologies if it appeared that I was trying to avoid copyright - please be assured that I was not.

I have now found some plans on the net: my first attempt only produced some photos of the actual machine. A later search showed lots of photos of models by Spin (1/48! and Formaplane (1/72) both of which seem to have been released when I was out of modelling. I do not know why my first attempt drew so little information - perhaps my search engine woke up on the second attempt, or realised that this was not a joke! (If you look up the aircraft you will better understand the last statement).

Stephen.