Author Topic: Danish Navy HM.I  (Read 1526 times)

Offline fredjocko

Danish Navy HM.I
« on: August 25, 2020, 10:35:30 AM »
I like the W.29 in the markings of other countries and wanted to do one in Danish markings. I was inspired by Kent Karlsen’s fantastic model. With his help making me the exhaust and the cowling panels I was able to finally build one. I have finished my Danish Navy HM1. I finished it off with the amazing Proper Plane propeller. I just need to do the dollies and make a base. I really enjoyed the challenge of painting markings instead of using decals.

Offline smperry

Re: Danish Navy HM.I
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »
Very nice model. It has been both a pleasure and a learning experience following your build. Thanks for taking the trouble to post.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »
Very nice model. It has been both a pleasure and a learning experience following your build. Thanks for taking the trouble to post.
sp

Thank you so much.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:08:33 PM »
Very nice result, Fredjocko.  Learning new techniques, like painting the markings makes building more interesting, doesn't it?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 01:48:43 AM »
Excellent and informative build log with a model to match. The Danish markings certainly take a familiar shape into new territory for me - and a most interesting one.

Stephen.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 03:10:40 AM »
Lovely results in all aspects Carl! I Love the scheme and really enjoyed following along on your build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
Very nice and colourful! I once thought about getting a W.12 and do it as a Dutch post-war one, but there are so many differences I'd never get it done. Too bad WnW never got around to a late W.12...

Jeroen

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2020, 03:12:03 AM »
Very nice result, Fredjocko.  Learning new techniques, like painting the markings makes building more interesting, doesn't it?

Yes, it does. I really like the flexibility of using them. The learning curve isn't that bad once you get the hang of it; but now I need to purchase a cutting machine so I can get consistent cuts instead of making five stencils and can only use two. The opportunities are endless!!!

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 03:15:18 AM »
Very nice and colourful! I once thought about getting a W.12 and do it as a Dutch post-war one, but there are so many differences I'd never get it done. Too bad WnW never got around to a late W.12...

Jeroen

I have a W,12 in the stash for the same purpose! I was toying with using a W.29 fuselage to make a late model one; nut, I'd rather carve up a fuselage the Japanese version. There were so many countries that used the W.29 and its variants that are just crying out to be made. Now if I can find someone to do some 3D parts...

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2020, 03:16:43 AM »
Excellent and informative build log with a model to match. The Danish markings certainly take a familiar shape into new territory for me - and a most interesting one.

Stephen.

Thank you so much. It does make for a different looking aircraft.

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 03:17:12 AM »
Lovely results in all aspects Carl! I Love the scheme and really enjoyed following along on your build!
RAGIII

Thank you so much.