Author Topic: Ebay seller just flooded the WnW & Pheon market!  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Rob_Owens

Ebay seller just flooded the WnW & Pheon market!
« on: August 24, 2020, 12:23:18 PM »
Seller tjgoetz offerings all start a $US 0.50
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 12:29:38 PM by Rob_Owens »

Offline eclarson

Re: Ebay seller just flooded the WnW & Pheon market!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 12:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!

It will be very interesting to see what the various kits end up selling for.  There are a few in there you rarely see for sale.  Should give an indication of which ones are still being highly sought after. 

Eric

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2020, 01:05:13 PM »
His first batch ended at 1900 PST today, and I’m betting that some winners are already gnashing their teeth at what they bid/paid. . .

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2020, 08:12:36 PM »
i think the first batch was another seller?

i watched it, kinda the way one slows down to look at a 4 car pileup.

i doubt these will end up any cheaper. it's a good strategy to start at 50 cents if you know you have something scarce that everyone wants. the more people bid the more they get caught up in winning. that's why when i ebay i have strict maximum price in mind if i bid. this seller will have a nice pile of cash. if i were tjgoetz i'd stagger the endings from most popular (OAW D.VII recently went for $535 :O ... i'd start there) to least (DH.4 would be my bet, although Otsu could do, or early Rumpler).

what blows my mind is that people are paying more on ebay for kits that some retailers still have in stock for sane prices!

i did buy the infamous UWD on ebay, but it was an auction...  and i ended up about 5 cents short of my max bid... and ten bucks less than if i bought directly from WNW at list price. unpopular kits can still be had at bargain prices. the other way to get a bargain is find one listed in your country that's unwilling to ship overseas. seller loses about half of what they would have gotten had they been willing to ship. customs forms aren't THAT difficult but hey it's their money they're leaving on the table.

i'm not gonna sell ANYTHING and i'm most likely done buying. but i still sit back and grimly watch the auctions go by, and think about the Hanriot that never will be...

Offline eclarson

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2020, 10:40:18 PM »
Even though that seller's auctions are less than a day old, it's interesting to see which ones have already percolated to the top, dollar-wise.  Surprisingly, the Gotha G.IV is way down the list! 

Eric

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 01:30:13 AM »
Even though that seller's auctions are less than a day old, it's interesting to see which ones have already percolated to the top, dollar-wise.  Surprisingly, the Gotha G.IV is way down the list! 

Eric
Gotha's climbing. but the Fee is going for silly prices??? whoa.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 01:38:47 AM »

Eric
Gotha's climbing. but the Fee is going for silly prices??? whoa.

Hehe...I saw that.  The Gotha bidders must have slept in this morning.  I have a feeling there will be a lot of silly prices before this is all over.  It's quite entertaining!

If I had to pick one WNW kit that I don't have and that I wouldn't mind having it's the Roland D.VIb so I tossed a couple bids at it.  It immediately zoomed past the max I was willing to pay which wasn't a surprise.  I don't really want it THAT badly though so no big deal.  :)

Eric

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2020, 02:52:58 AM »
i'm fortunate in that, late to the party, i got the Roland VIb.

i paid "over the odds"... about 1.25 retail. sometimes panic works in your favor.

the ones that i don't have that i'd be keen on are the wartime Ninak and any Biff/Brisfit. i basically have everything in my plans, but you know, you read a book or two and you think "wouldn't it be cool to do William Grossart's Ninak and Keith Park's Biff."

beyond that it's decals, OAW cowlings and stuff.

but i can't stop watching. and i can't stop feeling pain when they disappear.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 06:58:35 PM »
Hi thanks yes I’ve been watching these auctions. Kits seem to be going for OK prices but by the time the hammer falls then it’s like woah I wouldn’t pay that!
It’s funny how some stuff still in NZ is going for high prices. Also the Roland vib- that kit was hanging around at Wingnuts for ages now it’s going for more than the Roland via - why? US decals? There seems some logic to the price variation but biding is not always logical.
I had the same thing as mentioned- like everyone else Dh9, Salmson, DFW always very last on interest list but now other options aren’t available look at them in their own right- and they are really nice kits. Although anything over 40cm feels a bit big to me - like a museum piece- but I’ll find that out when Ibuild them.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »
And they’re gone!
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »
it was interesting to watch. they all ended same time, so whoever bid had to make choices and prioritize. almost everything was too rich for my blood.

i did manage to snag some decals (Pheon Viper SE.5a and Lifelike D.VIIF).

anyone know if the Lifelike Willi Gabriel markings are accurate? it's a D.VIIF but looks the same as the Gabriel ship in the original Fokker boxing.

Offline eclarson

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 10:29:09 PM »
it was interesting to watch. they all ended same time, so whoever bid had to make choices and prioritize. almost everything was too rich for my blood.

i did manage to snag some decals (Pheon Viper SE.5a and Lifelike D.VIIF).

anyone know if the Lifelike Willi Gabriel markings are accurate? it's a D.VIIF but looks the same as the Gabriel ship in the original Fokker boxing.

I watched too! Who would have thought WNW eBay auctions would become a spectator sport.   ;D
The Gotha G.IV retains its crown as the silly-money king.

Eric

Offline petrov27

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 12:26:12 AM »
wow those bids really went up there. I have some crazy hope to get a Pfalz D12 and a Roland D.VIa but I may need to revise my hopes on that or be prepared to spend 300 bucks for each :(
-Patrick

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 12:42:34 AM »
all i wanted (besides the decals i got) was the Flying Circus Albatros decals. that went for almost US$50. for decals. forget it that's 1/5 the cost of a mask cutter.

my wallet's moved on but my eyes can't look away from the trainwreck in slow motion...

Offline eclarson

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 01:01:22 AM »
wow those bids really went up there. I have some crazy hope to get a Pfalz D12 and a Roland D.VIa but I may need to revise my hopes on that or be prepared to spend 300 bucks for each :(

Really!

When first posted I threw a $65 bid at the Roland D.VIb but had no illusion of getting it.  Just wanted to say I'd tried since that's the only WNW kit I don't have the I sometimes wished I'd snagged when it was available.   Final amount on it was over $300!  In fact it was the 5th highest amount of all the listings!   :o

Cheers,
Eric