Author Topic: Lucky Models  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Lucky Models
« on: August 18, 2020, 09:23:59 PM »
How many of you guys order from them ? And  what has been your experience with them .

I placed my first order with them and so far not impressed with their service .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline macsporran

Re: Lucky Models
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:45 PM »
Hi Terri
I put three Mengnuts in my shopping trolley and checked out some weeks ago, but didn't hit the pay button. I waited until I started to hear that the kit was shipping. Their system allowed my order to sit awaiting completion for some time.
I paid last week and almost immediately my order went from Pending to Packing. After another four days it was marked as shipped and I've had emails on progress and now an international tracking number. So far their service is irreproachable.
Added to this, they asked what value I wanted shown on the customs slip, which will hopefully avoid the tax ransom note in the UK.
Finally the price - is just ludicrous. My three kits cost 107GBP including shipping. Hannants in the UK are quoting 69.99GBP each reduced to 63.99 for pre-order, plus shipping.
I'll report back if there are any problems, but I'm expecting them in UK next week, so if all OK I can see me becoming a regular customer.
Sandy

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 10:16:02 PM »
I ordered a  Mengnuts Fokker Dr.1 from Lucky Model whose past reputation for Australian buyers is very good.

This time however I am unsure. The order is stuck at "packed-queue to postal" mode and has been so for several days. There has been not a word from Lucky since I placed the pre order in June.

I have heard unconfirmed reports that there are no flights out of Hong Kong at the moment. If so, the Dr.1 has ground looped.

Meanwhile great stacks of Meng Dr.1s have appeared in model shops as far apart as the USA and New Zealand but there's not a one in Australian shops yet.

Terri- the way things are going I'd be inclined to order through a store in Canada.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 09:24:18 AM »
Hey Thanks guys .

I did use that my request feature and ask if it can't go air to cancel the order . It was two days ago that I asked about my order and have heard nothing back as of yet . I understand that there could be a backlog and such and with what is going on in the world at moment delays are going to happen .

So wait and see what happens ...

Dave , I have been asking the shops in here in Canada and it's not looking good ...so far . I won't order out of the States with the exchange and taxes it will run close to 200 bucks .

More then likely it will be Hannants if they are shipping to Canada .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »
i've not used Lucky but i've had good luck with Hobbyeasy. similar prices but i'm not getting a Mengnuts just yet. don't care about the statue.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 10:44:57 PM »
An email was sent , my kit has left HK  :) I have never been so obbessed over a kit before it's like my addiction to shoes !!!!

Terri , who has gone to seek help  ;)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »
Got my kit today  :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline SimonCornes

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 02:51:16 AM »
I ordered my MengNut in July and I knew it would be the end of August before I got it. Their communication with the Royal Mail has been excellent and mine arrived yesterday after a week delay at the airport in China. It got into the UK at the weekend and went through the UK mail system very well. Helpfully, they showed the value as $20 on their shipping label - as requested by me! They used single wall cardboard to pack the kit and there was a bit of crash damage although the contents weren't affected. Overall I'm happy and would use them again.

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 03:14:38 AM »
Ditto, ordered the Mengnut Fokker end of june and it arrived safely yesterday ;-)

Kent

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 10:23:06 AM »
Good for you guys !Even though it took them a bit to answer my question . I was very pleased in the end with their service and they did answered all my questions and once the item was shipped it took five days on express shipping .

Funny though my kit was in a double wall box with a half a roll of tape holding her shut !

Terri
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:33:00 PM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline drdave

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 09:27:20 PM »
I ordered three fokkers from LuckyModel to the UK. This cost £115 inc vs about £190 from Hannants. They arrived yesterday, 6 days later. Perfect condition, no broken bits. No damage
No customs charges either.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2020, 09:44:22 PM »
I have ordered from them in the past and have a Dr1 on order from them now. I got the order confirmation and then silence but that's normal in my experience. Packing can be a bit on the light side and it seems the bigger the parcel the more likely the damage. In all honesty I think these days the delays are at the Canpost end of things but proper pandemic processing cant be too little.

Steve

Offline macsporran

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 11:49:22 PM »
My three Meng dreideckers from Lucky Models arrived yesterday,well packed in a sturdy box. Perfect condition, no broken bits, warps or anything to complain about.
Cost 107GBP (incl standard shipping to UK) and I had postal tracking all the way to recorded delivery via Royal Mail. I wasn't hit for import duties either.
It doesn't get any better than that IMHO.

Thing is, with my 50 WNW kits now being worth so much, I'm kinda scared to start building them and write-off so much money knowing I'll probably never afford to replace them. With the Mengnut being cheap as chips, I'm sorely tempted to dive in and start them right away.
At this price I'm tempted to buy some more and use them as test builds for all sorts of new techniques. A ridiculously good kit for such a low price!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:54:49 PM by macsporran »

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2020, 02:05:41 AM »
The Wingnut kits themselves, Box, instructions, plastic, pe and decals will be collectible. The plastic,I can almost guarantee, will resurface. For nostalgia etc, keep the Wingnut kits and wait for someone to re-release the kits in some form and build them....or sell them now for a kings ransom......

Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »
Got my Dr1 from Lucky today. Perfect condition. The mid wing problem was a bit different though - the fuselage part remained on the wing and the small T sprue was snapped off both sides - a better end result I would say!!

Steve