Author Topic: Tip for Paper Carders  (Read 717 times)

Offline smperry

Tip for Paper Carders
« on: August 18, 2020, 01:50:24 PM »
As many paper card modeler's know, Aleene's Original Tacky glue is both a great glue for paper and a royal PITA as you wait and shake and squeeze and wait some more for the glop to fall down to the tip so a tiny drop you need right now can be squeezed out of the bottle, especially if you have used a third or so of the bottle.

I applied a little Paper Card tech to the problem and came up with a stand that will hold the capped bottle upside down with the glue right ready to squeeze.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline rhallinger

Re: Tip for Paper Carders
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 08:21:52 PM »
Nice and useful innovation, sp!  I know exactly what you're talking about. Thanks. ;D

Best,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 11:43:54 PM »
This glue is about twice as thick as Elmer's. Takes forever to run down to the tip. You shake and squeeze and it still takes it's time. This way it stays at the tip ready to come out.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Radarman

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:48:29 AM »
Sp,
This is obviously a high tech solution to a common problem Now if some 3-D designer starts selling
this gadget via Shapeways you can get them for stealing your intellectual property.

;) Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline smperry

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:36:07 AM »
Nah, I'd more likely buy one..
sp