Author Topic: 1/33 Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint) Aviatik Berg D.I paper kit  (Read 2503 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: 1/33 Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint) Aviatik Berg D.I paper kit
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 11:32:31 PM »
Sorry for the late response. Your Berg is a Beauty for sure! I really enjoyed following your build and as I said there it has sparked an interest in AH types! Well done!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 12:48:24 AM »
My great-grandfather was a Tyrolean standchutzen and his brothers, younger than him, were landesschützen. After the AH defeat of the war my great-grandfather's family became Italian. My grandfather and his brothers fought for Italy on the Eastern Front in 1942/43. Since my patriotism has two flags, I am still fascinated by airplanes, both Austro-Hungarian and Italian.
I am happy to share this interest in "minor" air forces of the great war. Thanks.
Marco Matt 77

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 12:50:31 AM »
rhallinger, Your achievement is superb!

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 02:13:42 AM »
Thank you for that interesting family background Marco, and for your kind comments about the model.  As I noted earlier, this is really your achievement too, as you painted and weathered it!  I really appreciate what you have achieved in producing these beautiful paper kits digitally and making them available.  I think that you may be spurring a new group of paper modelers here on the forum! ;D  I really like your Berg D.I kits very much, and enjoyed building this one.  I also will build the other Berg you repainted (with the hex lozenge) at some point in the future, as I already have had it printed.  It looks wonderful too!  You are a true artist. 

Thanks also for your interest in Italian and A-H aircraft.  I like these aircraft as well, and am very pleased to find and build the kits you have offered, as not many of them are otherwise available in kit form in large scale.  Well done! 

Best regards,

Bob 

Offline smperry

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 05:20:43 AM »
Marco
Where is the Berg kit in the Autumn camo available? I sure want to buy a copy. I am just learning about paper models and your repaints are really spurring me on to get my building skills worthy of your art. Also where can the Morane TYpe L be purchased?
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 01:50:59 AM »
This plane looks utterly fantastic! 

I can't believe its made from paper.