Author Topic: Pheon Decals - Wow.  (Read 2781 times)

Dekenba

Pheon Decals - Wow.
« on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
Just had my first order arrive - three packs of decals crashed onto the doormat!

Most decals float  - these contain so much that they are unable to, the best decal package I've ever had, & I've got a lot of decals!

Offline Trackpad

Re: Pheon Decals - Wow.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:32:30 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Recently I've received the"Captured! Volume One," Sopwith Triplane, and lozenge decals for the Albatros DV. Beautiful sets, every one. The detailed references and drawings are superb, nothing less!
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:18:44 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Recently I've received the"Captured! Volume One," Sopwith Triplane, and lozenge decals for the Albatros DV. Beautiful sets, every one. The detailed references and drawings are superb, nothing less!

I completely forgot to look into the 'Captured! Volume 1' sheet. Thanks for reminding me Gary.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 01:31:19 AM »
I've ordered every set that Rowan's produced in 1/48 scale, except the Lafayette SPAD 7 and one of the Albatros sets.  There's absolutely nothing else on the market that even comes close in quality and value.  The only problem with Pheon decals is that they make you buy more models.  When I bought the Biff sheet, I had only one Bristol Fighter kit.  After looking over the sheet, I bought 2 more kits.  Just so many cool options.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »
I've ordered every set that Rowan's produced in 1/48 scale, except the Lafayette SPAD 7 and one of the Albatros sets.  There's absolutely nothing else on the market that even comes close in quality and value.  The only problem with Pheon decals is that they make you buy more models.  When I bought the Biff sheet, I had only one Bristol Fighter kit.  After looking over the sheet, I bought 2 more kits.  Just so many cool options.
Cheers,
Bud

Bud,
   I was going to say that the Pheon Line is the "very best of the best" myself. As for the more models thing, that's got a lot to do with the size of my modest but ever growing stash. Not sure where all of this is going to stop!?!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:52:14 AM »
The Pup in moon and stars elsewhere on the forum makes me want to buy another WNW Pup - and Im just starting the first one!!!

Steve

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »
Steve:

I agree completely on the Pups.  I want more based on Rowan's sheet.   ;D

Don't even get me started on his Albatros and Pfalz sheets . . .  ;)   I'll have a whole flock of WNW Albatri around me before I'm through!  :o :o

Regards,

Bob

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:35 AM »
Oh yeah . . . I made the "mistake" of ordering his SPAD VII Lafayette Escadrille sheet.  Damn!  Now I've got to buy and  build at least a half dozen of those!   ;) ;D ::) :P

Seriously, Rowan's entire package of products is absolutely Top Shelf.  We indeed are living in the Golden Age of 1/32 WWI aircraft modeling!

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 06:21:15 AM »
If Rowan would only have a webpage to order from - i think that would not only make things easier for his customers, but for him as well.

Stefan

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
And now I see that Rowan's done a fair bit of work on a sheet for the new WNW Hannover CL II. Here's the link:

http://www.greatwaraviation.com/forum/index.php?topic=4883.new#new

Looks as if he's got sheets in the works for almost every a/c that flew in the First Great Unpleasantness!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:38:22 AM »
He's got the Hannover decal plans posted here on the forum, as well. 

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
He's got the Hannover decal plans posted here on the forum, as well.

I knew I should have checked here first. Mea Culpa!  :-[
Cheers!
Gary

Offline JastaB

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 07:32:30 AM »
The best decals you could ever want!