Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1079 times)

Offline ViperDriver

Hello!
« on: August 07, 2020, 02:36:32 AM »
Greetings All,
I'm excited to be joining this WWI modeling group! I am currently working on a WNW Salmson 2, and I have completed WNW SE.5a, Albatros D.V and a 1/48 Revell SPAD XIII, as well as quite a few WW2 aircraft and Vietnam era jets. I have quite a few WNW left to build in my stores, and am contemplating buying some CSM Nieuports, though with my busy schedule perhaps I should whittle down my current inventory! Some background on me, I am currently a USAF F-16 pilot in training which keeps me rather busy, but I still find time to model here and there when off work, and not partaking in my other hobbies/activities. I began modeling a few years ago when I moved to Texas for pilot training, as there wasn't many things to do in the area, and since it has become one of my favorite things to do. My interest in WWI aviation began after writing a research paper about the Lafayette Escadrille in high school, and only grew when I majored in history in college. I'm looking forward to being a contributing member of this forum!
Cheers!
Patrick
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 03:10:38 PM by ViperDriver »

Offline Radarman

Re: Hello from Arizona
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 03:16:06 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Patrick. There's a load of knowledge around here on more subjects than WWI modeling.
Good luck with your pilot training and happy modeling.

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 03:27:28 AM »
   Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Fighter Driver of long ago Patrick. I certainly have some perspective on how "rather busy" you are presently as most of my adult career was in the business. You'll find the crowd here helpful, very knowledgeable, and friendly, it's the best of the Forums on the Web. Looking forward to your inputs!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 04:55:19 AM »
Welcome aboard Patrick!  This is a wonderful learning community which shares knowledge extensively, and a really nice group of folks.  We look forward to learning from you, as well.

My daughter lived in Tucson until recently, and I would often see F-16s doing touch-and-gos from the airport, where I believe an ANG unit with Vipers is based (you can see them in their shelters when taking off or landing with the commercial airlines).

Lance is being modest.  My recollection is that he has flown much of the RCAF inventory over the past few decades. :D  I believe he also built a really sweet 1/48 model of a CF-101 he flew in, which you might be able to find amongst these forum threads.  He also happens to be a damned fine modeler and gentleman!

Enjoy the forum.  I’m looking forward to your participation.

Best regards,

Bob

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 05:04:20 AM »
Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the forum.  8)
Flying 'em sure beats the hell out of making them. I envy you for that.

We look forward to seeing some of your builds as and when you find the time to post.

Cheers,
Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 10:14:50 AM »
Welcome to the forums Patrick , the guys here are the best and this is the the only place to be on the web ! I also build WW 2 subjects and even have a F-15 with tiger meet markings in the stash . So your not along there . A lot of us dipple in other areas of scale modeling .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 05:13:10 PM »
Hi Patrick! Welcome to the site! You sound well versed in WW1 aviation history already. I envy you your day time job - hardly boring! Regards, Marc.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 06:19:55 PM »
Hi Patrick

Welcome to the Forum, I hope you enjoy your involvement with our world wide family of WW1 modellers.

Members are very helpful and willing to answer questions and share building tips.

cheers from Australia

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum Patrick, and congratulations for the wonderful machine you are flying: my busses never exceeded M.86  ;D
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 11:22:09 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Patrick. You will find this to be the best Forum on the Net, especially for WW1 subjects!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler