Author Topic: HB W.29 Float Rigging  (Read 905 times)

Offline fredjocko

HB W.29 Float Rigging
« on: August 06, 2020, 11:28:52 PM »
Hi:

A few years ago I had a discussion with Bertol about the rigging for the floats on the W.29. I cannot find that discussion; I don't remember if it was in this forum or the previous WWI forum, Here are the pictures of what came out out of the interpretation of the picture we found showing the center float bracing and the rigging. Does anyone have any further insight? Also, I debating about replacing the center brace with brass rod and soldering the jewelry jump ring instead of gluing it to plastic. How difficult is soldering brass? Thank you for your responses.

Here is the picture that started the discussion.

Because the rigging doesn't appear to touch the center brace, there is a feeling that there is a ring that the rigging attaches to. This is what Bertol came up with based on the original picture.

Offline kkarlsen

• 'Old modeller' - Trying to catch up!
Re: HB W.29 Float Rigging
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 02:41:03 AM »
Hi Carl, I've been digging through my archive to see if any of the photos reveal details of the rigging...

I hope it's of help to you?

Regards: Kent
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:17:41 PM by kkarlsen »

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 07:02:31 AM »
@fredjocko

Hello Carl,

the one with a central ring was my interpretation based on the prototype photo. It may just as well be that a separate retaining ring was welded to the central strut for each of the four tension cables.

And yes, the discussion was a few years ago.  ;D

Servus
Bertl

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 09:20:15 PM »
@fredjocko

Hello Carl,

the one with a central ring was my interpretation based on the prototype photo. It may just as well be that a separate retaining ring was welded to the central strut for each of the four tension cables.

And yes, the discussion was a few years ago.  ;D

Servus
Bertl

Looking at my first picture, I think the ring is right; do you still think so? How do you suggest attaching the ring? I am real hesitant about drilling into the such a narrow piece of plastic, especially four times.

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »
Hi Carl, I've been digging through my archive to see if any of the photos reveal details of the rigging...

I hope it's of help to you?

Regards: Kent

Thank you. It does look like in some of the pictures that the buckles are away from the center brace. It also looks like there is a flange around the brace as well (the second and fourth pictures). Maybe that is what the ring actually attaches to. Then it would be attached in four places and not just two.

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »
Hello,

could I please have the photo sent to me as well?
My W29 is still in dry dock without float.
If clearer pictures exist, then thiswould be very well helped - good pictures are always welcome.

Servus
Bertl