Author Topic: How to fix crooked landing gear  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Stonewall34

How to fix crooked landing gear
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »
I have a CSM Nieuport XXI that I got the gear crooked.  I need suggestions about how to fix it, thanks in advance.

Offline smperry

Re: How to fix crooked landing gear
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:40:58 PM »
If you cannot pop the gear loose, then use the finest tooth saw you have and cut the legs away from the fuselage as cleanly as possible. You can then loosen the joints between legs and the spreader bar/axle/sub wing if necessary. To reattach the gear, drill into the legs. Use a sharp point such as a scriber or even a pin and mark your intended hole location carefully. Use 0.5-1.0mm brass rod to make a pin for going in a matching hole you drill in the fuselage. I suggest tack gluing the legs to the fuselage with CA in case adjustments are needed and add a bit more glue when she sits like she should.

If you ask me how many crooked undercarriages it took me to learn the above, I will make you post photos of your model sitting on crooked gear :-)

Hope this helps some
sp

There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Edgar

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:49:13 PM »
Howdy Frank
How did that happen?
Need assistance?

Offline Stonewall34

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 01:25:56 AM »
Edgar,
I got distracted somehow and one side sort of worked its way out and I suddenly had a crooked airplane.  Mostly my fault I am afraid.
Frank

Offline Edgar

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
If you need any spare parts just let me know

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 02:36:52 AM »
Edgar,

Your response is part of the reason I will continue to buy Copper State products. That is truely excellent customer service my friend! No company should ever get so big that they forget the basics. Well done young man!!!!

Thanks,
Mike (Owner of 4 CSM Nieuports)

Offline Stonewall34

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 07:06:57 AM »
Thank you Edgar, I think I got it fixed I appreciate your willingness to help.
Frank