Author Topic: F-35 Prototype as cute plane, no scale  (Read 1426 times)

Bughunter

F-35 Prototype as cute plane, no scale
« on: August 06, 2020, 06:14:50 AM »
F-35 as cute plane  

Today something completely different! I talked to Stephen and he recommended to show this fun project here as well.

Have we ever had egg planes here? Hasegawa has many of these caricatures of famous airplanes in its program, but this F-35 here is from G.W.H.
Despite many ongoing projects I built it on the side and took it as a little painting exercise. To achieve the original look I added 15-20% Alclad Gold Titanium to the matching grey colour of Mr.Paint. Now the model shimmers like the original in every light condition differently.

Here are the pictures!

And some impressions from the quick "build".

The kit can be build without glue:

Also the small parts (here already painted) can be plugged only. But I secured them with a drop of glue.

I tried to tint the canopy with MRP Clear Yellow and a drop of Alclad copper. The canopy became dull! A bath in Future was the solution.

The very nice decal set allows 4 Australian machines or the colorful F-35 prototype.

If you pull that wooden stake out of my ass, I'm ready to go, Sir!

I really like the fact that despite the minimization and distortion, you still recognize the type immediately.
I can really recommend such a fun project for in between!

Have fun and happy modeling,
Frank

Offline lone modeller

Re: F-35 Prototype as cute plane, no scale
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 08:29:30 AM »
That is the first time that I have seen an aircraft with a hole in the back represented in the egg plane series. That is extremely well put together and the finish is quite as good as on any of your other models - in other words totally realistic!

Stephen.

Offline Gene K

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »
That is the first time that I have seen an aircraft with a hole in the back represented in the egg plane series.

Plenty of jets available (if that's what you are referring to) for example here   https://tinyurl.com/y44czwuc  and here
 https://tinyurl.com/y6x4kml7.   :)

Gene K

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
Nice job on your egg plane  :) It's cute !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Bughunter

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 02:21:23 AM »
Thanks a lot!
The question remains, would Lance have sat in one of these? ;D

Cheers,
Frank

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 02:43:04 PM »
Funny cartoon plane, so cute!  :D

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 05:29:11 AM »
Is there something Odd here? I am not familiar with this Aircraft  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »
Nice work, having seen the real thing last year (we purchased ~40 to replace our F-16s) that sheen is spot on! :)
It does look as a model too as you write, not all of these caricature models capture the spirit of the original.

Jeroen

PS interesting to note that we had at one point over 200 F-16s -a lot for a small country as The Netherlands-, and there also was the American 32nd TFW "Wolfhounds" with F-15s at Soesterberg. All that replaced by forty or so F-35s!