Author Topic: Request for shipping help  (Read 884 times)

Offline smperry

Request for shipping help
« on: August 06, 2020, 02:42:03 AM »
Odd question here, hope it is in the right category.

I have been searching for some years for a specific model ship. It is the ship which took my Grandfather to France in 1918. Originally the German aux. cruiser Prinz Eitel Fredrich which was interned in the US in 1915. In 1917 she was taken over as a war prize and renamed USS DeKalb and given a cool dazzle camo scheme and used to transport US troops to France. Post Armistice she served the United American Lines as the SS Mount Clay.

I finally found a German outfit on Ebay who offers a 1/1250 scale version of this ship. Unfortunately they do not ship to the US. I was hoping to find someone in the UK who could act as a relay and receive the package and then send it on to me. I will be happy to pay all shipping, handling, taxes and gas money to the post office involved. I do not know what the Covid 19 lockdown procedures are over there and whether they may make a trip to the post office a problem.

If anyone can see their way to helping me out, I would appreciate a PM
Thanks
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Request for shipping help
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 11:32:16 AM »
Not able to help you , but I wish you luck on finding aid SP .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline dirk

Re: Request for shipping help
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 03:05:46 PM »
Hi SP,

maybe I can help you from Germany and send you the kit to the States. Please send me a PM and we can talk about the details.

All the best
Dirk