Author Topic: HB Starstrutter in paper. Calling Matt 77  (Read 6612 times)

Offline smperry

HB Starstrutter in paper. Calling Matt 77
« on: July 23, 2020, 05:31:14 AM »
Matt 77
I didn't want to hijack Bob's Berg thread, so I started this one to show you some photos. This is the 1/48 Eduard kit built 15+ years ago. I crash molded the Baby Coffin cover from the solid kit piece out of 5 thou card and then cut out solid piece and added the gun and other details.

Making the cover out of paper would be way easier and guns and such details are common on paper card models. Just tossing an idea out there.

I will be happy to buy and build any version of the Starstrutter you put out. I have the Flying Machines Press book on the HB D.I. PM me if you need any references from it.

Cover in place.

Cover removed left side.

Cover removed right side.

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
Re: HB Starstrutter in paper. Calling Matt 77
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 06:16:37 AM »
Thanks smperry for your suggestion.

My drawing is proceeding quickly.
Unfortunately, this plane is poorly documented.
Furthermore, the changes and variations introduced in the fields of flight are numerous and at the discretion of the individual aviators or mechanics.
Therefore I have to opt for that single aircraft.

soon, matt77

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 06:24:25 AM »
That looks wonderful Marco!  Even though you lack documentation, it will be a beautiful kit. ;D  Does anyone on the forum have any information to share?

There are several of us out here on the forum who will be lined up for the finished kit.  Very nice! ;D

Best regards,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 07:14:16 AM »
I have the Flying Machine Press book on the Starstrutter. Happy to lend it. Send me a PM. I can't wait to see this kit ready to go. A Brumowski  Distribution camo on the wings would be a neat option. I also have the Arizona Models kit for RC, very detailed plans, (except for part of the Stabilizer which my wife's pet goat ate).
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 01:07:09 AM »
Marco!  Take my money, please!!!!! ::)

That will be a really neat machine when done.  Congrats on what is done so far...Dan

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 05:40:24 PM »
I am coloring three models of the HB D.I. the 28.10, the 28.15 and the HB wit the alpine amulet.
28.15 (Linke Craford) is ready.

Wings 28.15

Wings 28.10

HB D.I with alpine amulet

All rudders

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 10:39:18 PM »
That looks fabulous Marco!  I am very excited by this kit.  Will it by 1/33 full size?  If I can download a copy whenever it's ready, it will go to the top of my build list, as soon as I clear up what's on my work bench in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks for doing Linke-Crawford's aircraft.  I am building a mini-theme collection of aircraft of the Austro-Hungarian aces, so this will fit right in.  I also just received a 1/32 Linke-Crawford figure from a company in Eastern Europe, so this would be a very timely kit!  Thank you for doing this one. ;D

Best regards,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 01:08:52 AM »
That is a lovely looking kit. The repaint looks fantastic. I love the Starstrutter and can't wait to build one out of paper. Please tell me where and how I can get the file. The repaints Matt77 does are simply the best available out there. They are a real challenge as they are so good that I push myself to do the best job of assembly I can to be worthy of the artwork. All the best positive connotations of the word challenge.
sp

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 01:29:52 AM »
sp, I don't think that this one is a repaint.  I believe Marco is CAD designing this model from the ground up, so to speak.  His painting is wonderful though!  I especially love the CDL wings with ribs/spars and Maltese crosses ghost-imaging through.  The CDL looks perfect.  This is amazing artwork.  Way to go Marco! ;D

Best,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 01:42:07 AM »
Oops, sorry about that. I can't wait until this one comes on the market. The guys who can design and paint these things amaze me. I am a complete klutz with a computer, so I have nothing but the greatest respect for what they do.
sp

Offline ermeio

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 01:43:34 AM »
Great, Marco!
I can't wait to have it
excellent as ever

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 01:58:06 AM »
Hey folks.

I designed the Phönix logo on the rudder of the s.n.28.10. but, reading on the texts dedicated to the HB D.I, it is possible that it is the Albatros logo.
You know something about it?

p.s.: Thanks to all for the compliments

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2020, 02:05:01 AM »
Oops, sorry about that. I can't wait until this one comes on the market. The guys who can design and paint these things amaze me. I am a complete klutz with a computer, so I have nothing but the greatest respect for what they do.
sp

sp, I plan to make this model available for free to the faithful of this forum.
For a form of collaboration I need testers of my models, in order to make changes to the mistakes inevitably made in the design phase.

Marco

Offline smperry

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2020, 03:16:49 AM »
Marco
You have yourself a test builder here. I will be happy to do a test build of your Starstrutter kit. I would start as soon as I have a file to print.
sp

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2020, 06:32:49 AM »
Marco...

Be still my aching heart!  I CAN'T WAIT!

Thanks so much for making these lovely models available.  I'm in line for any and all test builds!

Cheers,
Dan ;) :D