Author Topic: Hello from UK  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Lt. Bronson

Hello from UK
« on: July 13, 2020, 05:47:25 AM »
Hi, I'm Bill, been interested in modelling since primary school, really.  Made a lot of aircraft models as a teenager, mainly Airfix/Revell 1:72 scale. Got into mainly railway modelling after that with very long gaps but a few years ago now started making a few aircraft again.  By no means all WW1 but several 1:72 (camel, SE5, Albatros etc) and plugging slowly on with a 1:48th Eduard (Revell boxing) Bristol Fighter. Also going through a learning curve rigging biplanes with ez line. Some very basic airbrushing goes on.  That's where I am currently.

Watching Blue Max during lock down has helped my WW1 aircraft interest.

I learned about this forum while listening to the "On The Bench" podcast and picked that up from a "Fine scale Modeler" e-mail.

Looks like just the job for me and looking forward to seeing some top class models and getting some helpful tips, also hope to share where I am.

cheers,
Bill

Offline Vickers

Re: Hello from UK
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:00:11 AM »
Welcome aboard! I'd recommend going through the sub-forums and looking at any previous threads that you may find interesting. There's a ton of information here on everything from museum photos to builds in progress.
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:14:59 AM »
Welcome to the site Bill , looking forward to seeing your work  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 12:13:26 PM »
    Welcome to the Forum Bill, I know you'll enjoy it. As Vickers has suggested have a look around and feel free to ask all the questions you wish, everyone here is willing to share and help!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 04:46:57 PM »
Hi Bill,
 Welcome to this superb gathering of enthusiasts.
You have come to the right place.

Enjoy!

von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 11:35:06 PM »
Hi Bill

A warm welcome to the Forum and I hope you find much to inspire and enjoy here among our global membership. There's a ton of expertise on hand to answer any questions and we have modellers in all of the scales.

We look forward to seeing your builds too.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 12:13:25 AM »
Hi Bill, I echo all the sentiments above, this is a great place to be, to learn more than I ever knew about WWI aircraft and modelling techniques.

There are some real craftsmen and women on here, but plenty of room for amateurs like me, and all levels of talent in between.   I’m sure you’ll find this place the same as I have.!

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 03:33:28 AM »
Welcome, Bill! There is great support, help and extensive knowledge on the site! I really enjoy the stimulation and company, I hope you do too! Regards, Marc.

Offline Lt. Bronson

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2020, 10:16:22 PM »
Hi, thanks for all the kind words of support, this looks like a very friendly forum and very useful.  Looks like it has plenty of excellent modelling and information so this should keep me occupied!
Just got a second hand Windsock book on the Caudron G3, after seeing a preserved one in the RAF museum in Hendon last year.  H'mm, could be a (rather complex) model perhaps.

Really liked your podcast, Dave.

cheers,
Bill

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 04:21:15 AM »
Sorry I am a bit late but Welcome to the Best and Most informative Forum on the Net!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Lt. Bronson

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 06:57:31 AM »
Thanks RAGIII,  there's certainly some fantastic modelling on this forum. It's encouraged me to get out a couple of unfinished projects today, Bristol Fighter (one of those one step forwards, 2 steps back projects) and a very old kit for a... Bristol Boxkite! It was a sunny day for airbrushing in the garden.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 09:55:15 PM »
Enjoy the site!!

Steve

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
Ciao
Giuseppe