Author Topic: I May Need A New Image Host, My Friends  (Read 881 times)

Offline Old Man

I May Need A New Image Host, My Friends
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:22:49 AM »
I have completed a nice little Junkers D.I, and cannot at present show it, or further progress on the old Martin 'El Sonora'.

The great Photobucket purge did not affect me, as I had a paying account already. But since I have started going back to use it, I have had two problems, one an irritant, the other serious.

The irritant was it kept asking me to confirm my account anytime I did anything (call up an image, move to a new image, anything). This their support people fixed after a bit.

The current problem is serious. Pictures I recently uploaded did upload, but only an 'image currently unavailable' icon shows. I can open these to show the uploaded image on Photobucket, but when I try to link to them elsewhere, only the 'currently unavailable' icon transmits. Previously uploaded images are not affected, or at least are not affected yet (knock on wood). I have contacted their support about this, but haven't heard back yet.

I expect in a few days their people will sort things out, but it does grow tiresome, and I am looking for a new host.

Has anyone here any suggestions?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: I May Need A New Image Host, My Friends
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »
IMGUR is free, is relatively simple to use, and has been 100% reliable for me over the past 2+ years, highly recommended! You can Google the "How To" stuff easily.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »
I use Post Image, which Des put me on to. It's free and fairly hassle free.

https://postimages.org/about

I abandoned Photo Bucket some time back and never regretted it.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »
Not only did I get completely trashed by PB, but I then decided to use Tinypics - great site for small amount of info (really) that I need to post. Guess what? PM buys Tinypics, all my images gone, like in gone again! Don't ask me for a reference.... Regards, Marc

Offline Old Man

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 06:11:31 PM »
Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. I am giving Imgur a try, and if this works, will post up D.I.

Well, that seems to do the trick. A write-up and more pictures will be in the 'Completed' section soon....