Author Topic: WNW L.V.G. C.VI (unfinished - Des Delatorre International Memorial Group Build)  (Read 2061 times)

Offline gbrivio

Hello everybody, this was my entry in the Group Build but sadly I wasn't able to complete the build within the (extended) time deadline. Now is closing the an end, needing several small touches but looking better then last appearance as all main components are now set together. I hope to post the next pictures in the completed models section soon.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline GazzaS

That looks great, Giuseppe!  Love the winter camo!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline fruibal

Excellent winter camo job. Did you airbrush or hand paint the splashes?

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
That is really nice winter camo ! Love it  :) Looking forward to the complete model  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
An unusual paint scheme and quite unique looking.
Seems to be an odd place for a compass, though.

Offline gbrivio

Thank you for visiting and your comments, the white overpainting is made by brush, following the pictures on the instruction manual and WNW website. My opinion after several hours looking is that of a kind of pattern in the winter camouflage, broken by inflating - deflating of fabric skin during flight.
About the compass location, I suspect the aeroplane was used for cartography or artillery direction. I was tempted to insert another compass inside the cockpit, as it's unbelievable the pilot was flying under directions from the observer. But it's speculative, so anithing can fit...
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline RichieW

That camouflage is really beautiful Giuseppe, so is the model it is covering. Looking forward to seeing this finished. It is a stunner!

Richie

Offline RAGIII

An absolutely beautiful build and paint scheme! Looking forward to the final shots!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline gbrivio

Thank you Richie and Rick.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline GazzaS

About the compass location, I suspect the aeroplane was used for cartography or artillery direction. I was tempted to insert another compass inside the cockpit, as it's unbelievable the pilot was flying under directions from the observer. But it's speculative, so anithing can fit...
Ciao
Giuseppe

Giuseppe,
   It is true.  The observer was the boss.  Often he was the officer and the pilot was an enlisted man or junior officer.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline gbrivio

I knew that in the beginning of the war, I wonder about a compass behind the observer position in 1918, but I think you are right, Gaz: for long time and with objectionable effects the boss was for a long time a pilot not flying or even a ground officer. Who knows?
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline SimonCornes

Tremendous work!!

Offline gbrivio

Thank you Simon.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Bughunter

Your L.V.G. is a nice model, you put a lot of effort in. Especially the winter camo with applying lozenge and rib tapes first followed by brush painting looks like a time eater!
I really like this type so I'm very happy, that I caught the 1/48 Blue Max kit not long ago.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline smperry

You are in for a treat Frank. The Blue Max LVG C.VI was the most enjoyable build I have ever done and it also yielded the best model I ever did.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.