Author Topic: Rolls 1920 Mk.1 Armored Car (1/50th)  (Read 1137 times)

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

Rolls 1920 Mk.1 Armored Car (1/50th)
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:50:50 PM »
Hello Guys and Gals...

Not really fair to put this here, but here is a little free model I just finished as a break before hitting the SPAD in earnest which looks kind of complicated.  I downloaded this one for free from a site called "Landships II".  Lots of cool armor and guns there as well as some Zeps and aircraft!  They are all legal, free downloads so you have no excuses.  I like armored cars and this one is really from 1920 and is in the colors of a machine that served in the Middle East in WWII, but it's inception was WWI era so I included it here. 

http://landships.info/landships/models.html#

Please feel free to remove it if it's not legal for this site (Dave or other site boffins).  There are a couple of neat WWI ambulances etc. there too so I could always replace it!  ::)

Anyway, it was good fun and a good break.

Dan

P.S. It's sitting under the HMS M-1 submarine paper model in 1/100th...a super cool ALMOST WWI-era sub with a very large gun on the deck in a water-proof housing!  It's all on my long-suffering wife's piano.  Must change that soon!

Offline Radarman

Re: Rolls 1920 Mk.1 Armored Car (1/50th)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »
Dan,
That’s one cool motor you’ve built. I had no idea there was such variety in the paper modeling world.
I also can’t figure out how you can fit so much modeling in to each day. Bring on the Spad!

Happy Modeling and avoid the paper cuts,
                                                                                                          Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline matt77

• Modellismo in carta
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 11:38:44 PM »
Dan,
That’s one cool motor you’ve built. I had no idea there was such variety in the paper modeling world.
I also can’t figure out how you can fit so much modeling in to each day. Bring on the Spad!

Happy Modeling and avoid the paper cuts,
                                                                                                          Kevin

It's fun to wander between land, water and air models. The important thing is that they are made of paper:
Fiat15 ter 1916
- Fiat Terni mod.Tripoli 1918

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 11:43:02 PM »
That's pretty cool stuff Marco and Dan.  Just what I need . . . yet another area of modeling to expand into! ::) ;)  My problem is that I find everything pretty interesting.  Those armored cars really look nice. 

Best,

Bob

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 01:26:11 AM »
Thanks, All and thanks for posting those great models, Marco!  I too like to wander a bit.  So many neat models to build and so much ink to buy!  ;)

Dan