Author Topic: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1  (Read 40173 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: Meng announces a 1/32 scale Fokker DR.1
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2020, 09:00:53 PM »
Also a 1/10 bust of MvR will be included in a limited edition release of 1000 kits, as per the latest MENG post on their FB page. More surprises!

Not sure if I want a bust of MvR. But I plan building 3 kits. The artwork makes me sigh but if the kit inside is good and not much more than Roden’s I’ll definitely bite. But I guess they still have to materialise:D

i'm definitely gonna give the statue a miss. the box art is awful, and riddled with errors, but it looks like the price will be rather nice. i'm not too concerned about decals either, i expect the Pheon and Aviattic to go nuts on Dreideckers. i've also got both Cutting Edge Richthofen Bros sheets in stash.

main thing though i'm hoping this is a sign that more WNW molds will show up. i'm pretty much sorted for the old stuff (except for D.VIIs and Junkers D.1) but i have a faint hope a Paralyzer may materialize somewhere.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2020, 12:20:56 AM »
Here is one I prepared earlier.
I took a meme, reworked it and applied my own text.
You're welcome  ;)

I'll be BACK!

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2020, 12:30:39 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Wolfie" would agree.......

Should have been PC 12.... obviously

Offline Europapete

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2020, 01:54:51 AM »
 lolololololol  nice one VonB.

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2020, 02:50:37 AM »
You're welcome  ;)

I'll be BACK!

Anyone using PC 10 on a Dr.1 should be dead.  Everybody knows it was PC12 on the Dr.1...
Honor Necessity

Dekenba1

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2020, 02:51:38 AM »
After all this, I've decided against getting the new Meng kit. I've 4 Roden Triplane kits, plus Encore's kit, plus loads of AM.

I just cannot justify buying it. It might be better than the Roden kit - will be better - but I'm trying not to fall for the "chase for perfection" thing. The Roden kits are GOOD ENOUGH, for me at least, especially as they're less than half the price & I already have 4!

In that vein, I'm flogging 2 SE.5a's, as I have 5 of the Roden kits. And my Gotha G.IV is going as well. And an RE.8, a Felixstowe, LVG, W.29 & W.12. Pfalz D.IIIa, Pfalz D.XII, Taube, Junkers J.1 & D.I.

My illness has changed my plans, and suddenly modelling has become far less important to me. Plus, my financial plans have changed & the money is more important.

Offline Monty

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2020, 05:22:51 AM »
I have ordered 3 today.. can we sort out whether I should use PC10 or PC12 please??

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2020, 05:37:03 AM »
I have ordered 3 today.. can we sort out whether I should use PC10 or PC12 please??

Looks sort of greenish to me:

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Monty

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2020, 06:55:37 AM »
Nice one Richard! But the crosses on this one look more like crosses..

ATB, Marc  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2020, 07:17:27 AM »
I do wonder why Fokker didn't just make a load of Tripehounds

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Vickers

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:39 AM »
You're welcome  ;)

I'll be BACK!

Hilarious! Much better than the one I did in response to the Eduard lozenge decals way, way back in the day:
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2020, 12:35:38 AM »
Hilarious!
So we can assume Meng will crank out these in infinite numbers?
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2020, 05:51:09 AM »
Hilarious!
So we can assume Meng will crank out these in infinite numbers?

The Richthofen version with the Bust is a limited edition: 1000, the other Who knows but I am fairly certain sales will warrant continued production.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline macsporran

« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2020, 06:56:12 AM »
The irony here is just unbelievable.

WNW spend a decade creating a gold standard brand and establishing a new golden age for WWI modelling, but keep refusing to listen to customers clamouring for them to release the single most widely popular subject of the period. Instead we get huge models that most of us can't afford or display or dull subjects like the DFW that are pretty low on our wish lists.
Finally, as financial reality closes in, they acquiesce and start to tool up for this plane (which would sell in shedloads), spending another hefty sum on moulds etc. Then the bean counters call time on the company.

Out of left field, Meng (who had the moulds) announce that they will release the model, benefiting from Wingnuts hard-worked-for reputation for quality, R&D work, investment, etc.
Given the response of the modelling world so far, it's quite possible Meng may sell more (WNW) Fokkers than everything else ever created by PJ's team added together! Even modellers with no interest in The Great War, will likely give The Red Baron's model a try, especially in legendary WNW quality at Meng's price. (....and no rigging!)

WNW do all the hard work but exit stage left. Meng invest very little but will probably make a fortune.
(Maybe PJ's empire will get a commission back on each one sold, but the profit should have been going back into the now thanklessly dispersed Wingnuts team IMHO.)

Offline Borsos

« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2020, 07:22:08 AM »
Nah, the DFW was very high on my wishlist. Much much higher than every dull red Dr. 1.
And given the importance of both planes... some four thousands of DFWs doing the crucial work of artillery spotting and reconnaissance  (being a joy to fly and a formidable opponent even when attacked by Allied scouts) versus some 320 tripes that were copies, arriving too late on the frontline (time of the rotary was gone, even Richthofen had waited for the Fokker D. VII...) .... Nah....
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.