Author Topic: Wingnut Wings kit collection for sale  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Wingnut Wings kit collection for sale
« on: June 09, 2020, 02:44:29 PM »
Modellers caught out by Wingnut Wings’ sudden and unexpected closure have a chance to acquire an instant collection of Wingnut kits now. A Forum member has 11 Wingnut Wings model kits for sale including several sold out subjects.

The seller would prefer not be identified so I am assisting him as a go-between. The seller is a very reputable person who has the forum owner’s trust so any approaches will be via me to him.

So on that basis, he has a collection of 11 Wingnut kits which are offered for sale as a single lot. The kits are:

1/32 Pfalz D.XII OOP

1/32 Albatros D.V "Manfred von Richthofen" OOP

1/32 Albatros D.V "Manfred von Richthofen" OOP

1/32 Fe.2b Early OOP

1/32 Albatros B.II

1/32 AMC DH.2 "Lanoe Hawker" (Missing figure)

1/32 Fokker D.VII (Fok) "Early"

1/32 Sopwith Camel "BR.1"

1/32 Sopwith "Ships Camel"

1/32 Sopwith 5F.1 Dolphin

1/32 Salmson 2a2 USAS

He has set a price of £1400 or €1570 Euros which at today’s exchange rates works out at around $USA 1781.

The kits are based in Europe and postage will be at the buyer’s expense.

The seller does not wish to sell the kits individually so the buyer is buying an instant collection.

Notes: the DH2 / Hawker issue kit is missing the Lanoe Hawker figure which was not packed in the box. All kits are mint and unmade but some frames have been removed from plastic packaging for inspection.

Anyone interested in this purchase should send me a PM at the Forum ( please include your name as well as your forum name) and I will pass the details on to the seller who is happy to then discuss the sale with buyers.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 03:06:02 PM by Dave W »
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline fruibal

Re: Wingnut Wings kit collection for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 04:40:39 AM »
wow, that's a fortune !!  :)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:59:38 AM »
A note on the prices of the Wingnut Wings collection. Given the current market demand for Wingnut kits and the fact they are sold out across the world, these prices are quite fair, especially given that three of the kits- the Pfalz D.XII, MvR Albatros D.V (2  kits) and the Fe2B Early are OOP anyway and as such are commanding spectacular prices.

The  collection asking price - 1400 pounds/ 1570 Euros - works out at at around $A 2560 in Australian dollars so it comes down to around $A232 per kit. If Australian shops had these for sale- and they are all sold out- their retail prices would be about the same or even more for some kits.

Given Wingnuts has closed and we have no idea if the webstore will ever reopen, world prices for WnW kits have gone through the roof especially on sites like Ebay. A Wingnuts decal sheet went for $294 on Ebay the other day and a Gotha G.IV kit sold for $US 650!

So I think the collection on offer here - given the market conditions at the moment- is quite fairly priced. I don't see Wingnut kit prices dropping any time in the forseeable future.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:59:58 AM »
At US $ 1,750 for 11 kits = $159.10 each, that is certainly more than fair price , just go check ebay.  Even some mail order shops that have some left have jacked up their prices. 
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 11:20:14 AM »
In reply to DR 1 Ace... fair comment but I was approaching this from the perspective of prices we face in Australia/ NZ. Because Wingnut kits were sold in US Dollars, the exchange rate always hit us hard. So my apologies, I should have clarified that my fair price comment was based on what we would expect to pay in  Australia or NZ right now.

And just to clarify guys- I am not the seller, I am just trying to assist a forum member.

cheers

Dave W
Gold Coast
Australia

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 08:52:47 PM »
Just to update this post... the Wingnuts kit collection has been sold to a very happy Forum member.

The seller thanks all those who showed an interest in the kits on offer.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
Well...  I'm glad a forum member got it.
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
Well...  I'm glad a forum member got it.

Happy for both of the, the buyer and the seller. I hope to see builds from the great collection!  8)
Ciao
Giuseppe