Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 950 times)

Offline Viper730

Hello Everyone
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:15:08 AM »
I'm New to WW1 A/C Modelling and found the forum while looking for building tips. I am mainly a WW2 through Modern A/C builder as well as all eras of 1/35. I look forward to looking at the build section and learn from you all. So far I have seen outstanding build after outstanding build. Hopefully when I start my first WNW kit I can do it right with help from the group. Thank You for letting me join and hope I can contribute as well as learn.
Cheers!
Brian

Offline Monty

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 01:33:31 AM »
Hi Brian, and Welcome! Although the work here is very inspiring, it can be intimidating. But I have found the encouragement and help has really done a lot for my modelling! Ask questions and post please! Regards Marc.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
Brian,
    Welcome aboard! A good number of our modellers dabble in subjects from other eras of model aircraft and Armor and ships as well. You'll no doubt find that the vast majority of your skills are quickly transferred to WW.I Aircraft Modelling, and things like rigging are easily picked up with all the encouragement and information to be found here.
   Enjoy the shift in subjects and I look forward to seeing your work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:39:38 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Brian. I hope you enjoy your journey into the wonderful hobby of WW1 models.

As for a first kit, there are many options not just WNW models. Its enormous fun!

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 10:07:48 AM »
Welcome to the site , you find the folks here to be very helpful and supportive . Any questions just ask  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Viper730

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 01:37:07 PM »
Thanks Guys I appreciate it!

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »
Welcome, Brian!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 10:37:02 PM »
welcome to the Best and Friendliest Forum on the Net!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler