Author Topic: Pardon the paraphrase........  (Read 888 times)

Offline Europapete

Pardon the paraphrase........
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:47:37 AM »
but I think Mini-Art is the WNW's of model vehicle kits. Their LGOC Bus and Lorry are really good. So, following the logic, how does the collective feel about contacting Mini-Art as a full membership body about producing aircraft kits?  Kind of being asked by a ready made customer base as it were ? Is this a plauseable idea or am I just being daft. Regards, Pete in RI.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Pardon the paraphrase........
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 11:33:28 AM »
MiniArt are dipping their toes in the aviation market but it's 1/35 scale and they seem to be more focused on autogyros and now Luftwaffe VTOL What If jets. Their vehicle kits are excellent and the lorry in particular is already in my stash.

As for campaigning for them to do WW1 aircraft, at the moment my focus is on encouraging Roden to resume their excellent catalogue of WW1 subjects across the three major scales, and also encouraging sales for our friends at Copper State Models. Both of these manufacturers have a demonstrated commitment to WW1 aircraft and vehicles so lets support them first.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline fruibal

Re: Pardon the paraphrase........
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:42:22 AM »
We shouldn't be ruling out Miniart or ICM, they might become strong contenders. But of course, our support goes primarily to the original WWI aircraft producers