Author Topic: Aviatik Berg D.I, 1/33 Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint) paper model  (Read 12208 times)

Offline smperry

Re: Aviatik Berg D.I, 1/33 Models by Marek (Matt77 Repaint) paper model
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2020, 12:54:01 AM »
Bob
That is one delicious looking piece of eye candy.  You and Marco make a great team. The construction is worthy of the repaint and the repaint is worthy of the construction. Y'all have definitely inspired me to start cutting and folding paper. I must remember to order this kit.
sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2020, 02:23:03 AM »
I may have said this before but until I saw this build I had very little interest in AH types. The repaint and your construction of this kit has certainly changed My Mind!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2020, 01:31:06 PM »
Dang, Bob...that's pretty darn stunning...Love it!

Dan

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2020, 05:56:07 AM »
Thanks sp, Rick and Dan, for your support!  Well, she's done after two months, and I am very pleased with the final result.  The final construction steps were for the plastic prop I added.  I found some LF Models 1/32 Austro-Hungarian producer's propeller label decals leftover from my Lloyd C.V scratchbuild from several years ago, and since the photo of this actual aircraft in the kit showed a Jaray prop, I used that one on my prop for the Berg.

Here are a couple of final shots from the bench with the prop installed. 

This was an enjoyable build despite the missteps, and I further honed my paper building skills, and maybe learned something about patience and triple-checking before committing to glue.  This is a fantastic kit, and Marco's tremendous painting makes it a real beauty, producing a model comparable to good plastic kits.  His finishes are far better than I would likely achieve left to my own devices with a plastic kit.  I am very happy to have an Autumn Mottle Berg on my shelf!  Thanks to all who followed along and offered encouragement when I needed it.  Thanks to Marco for this beautiful repaint!

I'll post more shots over in Completed models.  Until next time,

Cheers,

Bob

Offline smperry

« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2020, 06:14:10 AM »
Bob
Where can this particular repaint of the Berg be ordered. I found a different paint scheme somewhere, but I really would like to eventually do this version.

You did a first rate assembly of this kit. Having now worked some with paper card models, I can see little things here and there and have a better appreciation for your level of craftsmanship.

What is next up on your bench?

sp
There is something fundamentally amiss with a society which forces it's modelers to work for a living.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2020, 06:34:32 AM »
Thanks sp!  Much appreciated.  I bought this kit by online download through the ecardmodels web store of Matt77.  Marco is no longer selling there.  If you send him a pm through the forum he might very well be willing to send you a link to obtain this particular repaint kit via download.  Let me know how you make out. 

Next up, I am going rogue with an off-topic plastic kit build of a P-38 Lightning from the Southwest Pacific Theater, specifically New Guinea, circa 1943.  After that, I just have to build one of CSM's beautiful Nie.17 kits, which I will likely couple in a dual build with a Roden 1/32 Nie.24bis.  After that, it's back to paper with a Fitter's Models 1/33 kit of an Albatros W.4 floatplane.  I've always wanted one of those, and the kit is in my download file.  At least that's my plan for now, until I get distracted by something else and change my mind next week. :o ;D 

Good luck with the rest of your Short!  Looks great so far.  Keep going!

Best regards,

Bob     

Offline ermeio

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2020, 07:17:28 AM »
It is a gem,
really an incredible model, especially now that the propeller is on and it is completed.
It is really realistic
congratulations!

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »
Mouth-wateringly beautiful.  Just love it!

Dan

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2020, 01:52:50 AM »
This one turned into an absolutely Beautiful Model! Very well done!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler