Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2205 times)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 11:59:32 PM »
And this 'Can-Gun' makes spraying Halfords Primer a doddle.

von B  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 01:59:27 AM »

Hi Guy,
So you are with me on the Halfords primer front but then what paint would you use on top prior to applying lozenge camouflage decals? I worry about obscuring the decal with too much paint!!

Simon

If you’re using Halfords, I would rub the surfaces down with a very fine sanding/polishing cloth (Halfords do these too!), then any light based colour would do (probably best to experiment first) I tend to use white/ beige. Pre shading works, but easy to overdo it as most lozenge is very translucent.

Hope that helps

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 01:44:28 AM »
Welcome Simon! Great to have you joining us! I hope those WNW kits get built, they deserve to! Your question regarding undercoats is quite valid, I used Tamiya acrylics for many years with no undercoats, but always undercoated a white finish with a light grey, interestingly enough, as the white on it's own needed too many layers to cover the plastic colour completely - just my experience! But enjoy your modelling with us, there is always more than one technique to accomplish a fine finish, and we are all learning! Regards, Marc.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 10:44:16 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Simon. Your question about primer and white has been well covered by some of the best  8) This is part of why I Love this Forum. enjoy your stay!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler