Author Topic: 1/24 Hasegawa '67 VW Transporter Pickup  (Read 894 times)

Offline jeroen_R90S

1/24 Hasegawa '67 VW Transporter Pickup
« on: June 03, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »
Out of my comfort zone, built for a friend who owns ar real one (Panel van though)
This is actually another "Corona stalled" build, stuck because it was repainted (and filled/sanded) twice both due to my clumsiness and the Xtracolor enamel paints being wayyy different between 2 (bought at the same time) tins.

Anyway, the sales ticked still in the box said december 2010, so it's just in time for it's 10th anniversary.
Decals are by a Dutch company "Flevo Decals" and worked flawless, the Hasegawa kit decals desintegrated in contact with water, which I never had before. The 4-slot wheels were sourced (by accident!) from Ebay, probably of some Die-cast model or other, as the kit comes with multi-slotted VW Beetle wheels.

All in all not bad for a first car model in ages (and one with many ridges, lines and window seals!), and I could use some WWI aircraft model techniques as well on the exhaust system and woodwork in the load area :)

Jeroen

PS I'll be checking out all the other great builds here later, there's almost too much activity to keep up!

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: 1/24 Hasegawa '67 VW Transporter Pickup
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 08:36:17 PM »
Forgot to mention all the chrome was stripped and re-done with Alclad :)

Offline RAGIII

Re: 1/24 Hasegawa '67 VW Transporter Pickup
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 02:08:47 AM »
Excellent work! A very nice looking VW for sure!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler