Author Topic: Methuen Handbook of Colour (plate 09)  (Read 1643 times)

Offline xan

Methuen Handbook of Colour (plate 09)
« on: June 03, 2020, 07:58:00 PM »
hi
I am preparing a sopwith triplane project.
In windsock datafile, they give for PC12 dope 9h6 9h8 references in malthuen chart.
I founded the plate 10 on the web , but not plate 09...

Would someone have a scan of it?

I only founded 9A8, 9B8 and 9C8....

Xan
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:35:20 PM by xan »
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Berman

Re: Looking for Malthuen color plate 09
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 09:53:31 PM »
 Just to assist you, the correct title  spelling is the "Methuen Handbook of Colour". Sorry I can not help you with a scan. These books are available on Ebay but the asking prices are crazy.

Offline xan

Re: Methuen Handbook of Colour (plate 09)
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:35:46 PM »
Ok thank you for the information!
Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline Stuart Malone

Re: Methuen Handbook of Colour (plate 09)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
Xan,

Before you paint up your Triplane in 9E6/9E8, you may want to read this thread.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940405-pc-12-paint/

I built a Roden Bristol F.2b and painted it 9E6 before I discovered the error.  It looks very nice in red-brown.  I have not taken the time to research any Bristols in tropical service nor if any of were doped AMAPDT.  But it looks cool!  A triplane would be awesome in this color, just probably not historically accurate.  I say build it and paint it however you like.  I've done an overall pink Fokker D.VII, Fokker Dr.I, and Roland D.VIb for an ace pilot character in the game Blue Max/Canvas Eagles. 

Stuart