Author Topic: Ron's-Parts shop  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Ronkootje

Ron's-Parts shop
« on: June 02, 2020, 10:23:17 PM »
Hi guys,

Due to extra time at the hobby bench I have made some progress in making parts available for sale. I have discussed this with the forum owner and I could post my first products here to c if there is enough interest for opening up my shop on the forum.

My first product's are spoked wheels printed witch turned out very nice.

So far I have made the British Paulmer type wheels in the size:

800x150 used on the Dh9a Ninak for example.
700x125 used on the FE.2b late.

The wheels are made to fit wing nut wing kits but can also be used for scratch build projects.

The set of wheels are 16,95 euro per set ex shipping. (the tyre is not included and has to be used from the kit you are making)
Also If you have a request for wheels and have scale drawing I can look in to that and make a 3d file of that so I can print them. This way I hope to eventually have a stock of different type of wheels.

The second thing I managed to make now is realistic propellers I always like wooden propellers but always hated the fact that the wood grain you see is out of scale. I have made 5 propellers now with a different method witch look finely to my eye perfect on scale. 

The first one I made was the prop for the Dh9a Ninak and came out great the prop includes the hub  3 printed. These two blade props take me 3 hours to make in total and are made on request.
The price of a two bladed prop is 80 euro.

I am using oil paint and Tamiya clear orange/yellow to tone down the colour's to my own liking so the props that are sent are unpainted so you can make it to your liking.
I also have made 4 blade props made so far to get the hang of things, these are used on the FE.2b late version.

These one's take me 4 hours to make in total and will cost 120 euro I have 4 made witch are painted and ready to be put on the kit. The ones ordered after that will be unpainted, due to the fact that it takes allot of time to all paint them witch will only add up to the total cost. Again these are made on request.
Al these propellers are exact copy's of the wing nut wings kits I have made a machine witch can copy the original ones exactly.
Witch was a big investment on its own.

If you want to order a set of wheels or a propeller PM me. You can also order props from other planes since I have all the wing nut wing kits I can make any prop just let me know in the message witch one you would like and I can start preparing for that. That order will take longer since I have to make some moulds of the original ones back and front.

Hope you like them guys

PS I will respond by PM on orders wheels can be shipped straight away since I have those in stock propellers take long and have a lead time. So when you get A reply its your turn and I start work on your order.

Regards Ron

Offline Radarman

Re: Ron's-Parts shop
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 11:01:14 PM »
Ron,
Those are beautiful. It's always great to have another source for aftermarket parts.

Best of luck,                                                                                               
                                                                                                   Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline Dave J

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »
Those props are a thing a beauty!
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 12:49:04 AM »
Thanks guys

So is there any interest in these parts? Kinda want to know if its worth opening a shop for this.

Ron

Dekenba1

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 08:34:39 AM »
Please can you explain to my very simple brain something?

If the props are exact copies of the WNW kit parts in terms of dimensions, what sets them apart from the kit props?

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »
yes I can they are carved out of a laminated material (not wood) since I find that the natural grain in the wood is out of scale. I used a different material witch eliminates the grain but gives the laminated look.
I have build this machine for it to make copy of the original propeller.

Regards Ron

Offline Marcel van Genderen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 10:30:42 PM »
You're work is excellent! But I think the price is a bit to high, 80 euro for 1 prop. You're colleagues are asking less the 40 euro each.
I understand that you have put a lot of effort in them, but I think the market in that price range is very small. Maybe a poll can tell you if people are interested?
The price for the wheels is good in my opinion.

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 11:10:54 PM »
Hi thanks for the reply, I can lower the price when I send them blank and unpainted to 45.95 euro for the 2 blade prop and 65.95 for the 4 blade props and that is pushing it again it takes allot of hours to make these.

Ron   

PS let me know here what the price should be for a 2 bladed prop and 4 bladed prop keeping in mind that it is allot of work to make one.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:46:34 PM by Ronkootje »

Dekenba1

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
yes I can they are carved out of a laminated material (not wood) since I find that the natural grain in the wood is out of scale. I used a different material witch eliminates the grain but gives the laminated look.
I have build this machine for it to make copy of the original propeller.

Regards Ron

I see now! We get a prop with the correct dimensions and improved lamination effects, compared to WNW's kit prop.

Thanks for the explanation.

Offline Fokkerfighter

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
Ron, have you considered a conversion of the early Felixstowe to the Curtis-Type it was derived from? The Liberty engines would be a start.