Author Topic: Ammo by Mig Shaders  (Read 719 times)

Offline Black Max 72

Ammo by Mig Shaders
« on: May 29, 2020, 04:03:36 PM »
I don’t know if anyone has tried these yet but I bought them last week and finally gave them a go today. I have to say I’m impressed. As the name implies they are designed for shading and effects as well as being used as a filter. They are very translucent but unlike Tamiya smoke and clear colours they have a consistency more like ink, I found I only needed a few drops and it would last me a while, they definitely go a long way. Also unlike the Tamiya clear colours they come in a wide range of colours. I had to make sure to dial back the PSI on the airbrush and I could probably gone down to a .2 needle but even with the .3 they still worked a dream. They have the properties of an acrylic paint but apparently they take about 24 hours to fully dry and according to the press I’ve read if you make a mistake you can apparently wipe it off with water. What I found is you can barely see them with the first pass but the colour builds up with each successive layer. My first thought was rib shading and castor oil staining for which these would be perfect but another thing I want to try is to replicate the colour streaking on the Fokker E.V wing which had more of a translucent quality because they used stains instead of paint. Anyway I can thoroughly recommend them.

Dave Rickard
Rockhampton QLD