Author Topic: Roden Arrived!  (Read 1092 times)

Dekenba1

Roden Arrived!
« on: May 29, 2020, 03:45:01 AM »
With WNW biting the proverbial dust, WNW kit prices - already on the high side - have gone straight into "WTAF?!" territory.

Luckily, I had a couple in the stash, so I'm not too upset - albeit I'd have loved to have seen the HP pair of bombers in plastic.

But considering we have a pair of AEG bombers and three Gotha models, I'm not complaining. (But I'll keep my eyes open to see where the moulds end up....).

Anyhow, with WNW kits now, in effect, off the market, I've invested in some more Roden 1/32 kits. I was reading an old Windsock magazine, and the newly released - then - Albatros was getting rave reviews. The few I've built have been pretty damned good, albeit not WNW equivalent. Then again, not WNW price, either. So, they are good little kits, especially if you go in with your eyes open & add some AM to make up for some softness in detailing.

So, they arrived a couple of weeks ago - thanks, Plastmodel! - and here they jolly well are. Excuse the photography quality, I've only just got them out the box.

20200528_174930 by dekenba1, on Flickr

I'm thinking that the price of Roden 1/32 WWI kits will inevitably increase, simply because they are available. Supply and demand, and all that. So I tried to get in before then, and I paid around £25 a kit, which I personally think is rather a good deal. Under £400.

Less than a Gotha!!!

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: Roden Arrived!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:00:07 AM »
Congrats, your new acquisition should keep you busy for a week or so.... ;D ;D ;D ;)

All kidding aside, great collection.