Author Topic: Another from Lancashire  (Read 1266 times)

Offline midwifedrew

Another from Lancashire
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:58:58 PM »
Hello!
As my username suggests, I’m one of very few male midwives in the UK. I live in a small corner of this northern paradise with my wonderful, beautiful wife, two 18 year old daughters and various 4 legged beasts. We’ll never be rich, but as long as I’ve got a little spare funds to build stuff, my wife can kick things (she’s a martial arts instructor), and the girls can follow their talents (one’s a cellist, the other is an art student), then life is pretty good). I’ve hovered on here for a long time, not felt brave enough to post. I’ve not built anything WW1 for ages, but a WNW Halberstadt caught my eye, knife met plastic, and away we go. Various health issues have ensured that very few of my projects get completed, but I’m hoping that being on here will give me some inspiration and the odd KUTA when I need it.
I stare at the sky, and it leaves me blind’
I close my eyes and this is yesterday.
Richey Edwards

Offline GazzaS

Re: Another from Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 08:22:19 PM »
Welcome to the forums, Drew!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »
Welcome Drew!  Nice to hear about your little corner of the world.  Sounds lovely.  In addition to modeling, i'm an avid bicyclist, so i'm always interested in other areas.  I'll bet there's some wonderful riding in your neck of the woods, when the weather is good!

Good luck with the Halberstadt.  I've got one of those in the stash, so i'll follow with interest.  Take your time and enjoy the build, and don't worry about impressing anyone.  It's your model and if it brings you pleasure, that's all that matters.  This is a very friendly and supportive place, so feel free to ask questions and for advice.  I'm still learning a lot here and i've been at it for years.  That's part of the fun!

Welcome again, and enjoy!

Best regards,

Bob

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 08:54:18 PM »
Welcome Drew! As a long time forum observer I'm sure you'll feel comfortable here but it's great to see you tackling a model and a WnW kit is a great idea- build 'em while you can get 'em! :)

We look forward to seeing your projects and helping if needed.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 01:20:58 AM »
Welcome Drew! It's great to have yo joining in and I hope you enjoy your time here! There's lots of advice and encouragement available! Regards, Marc.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 06:18:00 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Drew and I know you'll enjoy the experience. Good luck with the Halberstadt, I'm just about to finish mine so your Build will be of interest to me. If I may be very careful of the cabane struts, keep the joining points in the fuselage paint free lest you get into difficulties like I did! otherwise it's a terrific Kit.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 07:31:11 AM »
Welcome Drew, lets hear it for the midwives!
My wife is a midwife also, she has worked with a UK trained midwife, he had emigrated to NZ years ago, she said he was brilliant.
No pressure on getting me models up, it has taken me a few years but it will happen soon.
This is a great place, full of inspiration and knowledge.

Marcus

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 09:35:05 AM »
Hi Drew,
 Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Bob    ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Online RAGIII

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 10:48:36 PM »
Welcome Drew. I hope to see that Halbie build soon!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler